Problem

Hi there peeps,

I have a little problem with my pc... if i get any music file sent through msn, my pc denies access to it, saying its potentially harmfull... and i cant find the file on my pc, anywhere.. so it basically deletes it... il get a screen caprute of the message i get in a second...

Can anyone help?

this is the message i get:

BTW, i know its a chav tune :P

post-6627-1177147281_thumb.jpg

Edited by terror-error

turn of your windows firewall, its in security in control panel (Y)

ahh, it said dont alloy exceptions... and msn was a exception... so it knocked that off, so it might work now, trying it again :) cheers dude!

EDIT: it never worked :(

Edited by terror-error

Dont open it from the msn window.

Open it from where it is saved on the computer (i chose desktop) and it will work.

Yeah, do this. MSN doesn't like you illegally sharing files so it deletes them if you click the 'open file' link within the MSN window. However, if you go to where it's saved and kinda bypass MSN, it's fine (Y)

I get illegally sent music all the time, it doesn't do it to me, Tomm?

Get a better firewall (zonealarm) and disable windows firewall, it's wank. Also, get some anti virus, like, nod32 or avg.

(can't see any firewall/antivirus in your tray)

Edited by Fat Pants

Right, to get rid of this once and for all: go to the "status, display and options" part (click on your script name), then go to options, file transfer, install. This will install a microsoft virus checker thingy, won't stop you receiving illegal stuff either, though of course I was only told that...

Get a better firewall (zonealarm) and disable windows firewall, it's wank. Also, get some anti virus, like, nod32 or avg.

(can't see any firewall/antivirus in your tray)

I have a £800 version of Symantec Anti Virus, the one the big companies use supposidly.. its fricken awesome, never had a single virus when using it!

Not sure what msn build your using but try the patch that corrisponds with your build...

This one is for 7.5.0160 & 7.5.0162

Msn patch

And this one is for 7.5.0244

Msn patch 7.5.0244

Loads of options to go through. Just hold the mouse over each option to find out what it does. there is one about the file transfer. Make sure you tick it to solve the problem your haveing :)

No idea what causes it but dont worry half the time theres nowt wrong its just MS Interfeering, Simply dont click the links in the msn window just go to the actual file using explorer, The files will work fine etc, mine did this with any .mp3 i got sent. Gayoff.