I-doser

omgnoseat

I thought that people should try this out

http://rs118.rapidshare.com/files/28197261/I-Doser.rar

the faq is here: http://www.i-doser.com/faq.htm

Seems to really work if you listen to it the 100% with your eyes closed

Doesn't really do anything for me but i'm not having my eyes shut or anything

Could just be fake aswell

Was wondering if it works for any of you guys, so post your results :)

Edit: Apperantly it only works with headphones

Edited by Meteor~

some do give a headache, but remember that you should do this while you are relaxing and closeing your eyes

I tried crystal meth 3 while closing my eyes for a couple a minutes, and I began to feel drowsy and hear weird instruments

I could just be crazy though :P

The seeker is convinced that, once gained, this awareness is impossible to lose, but inexplicably by the next day it is just a memory. Be very careful - your life may change.

Pmsl, IM TRYING THIS ONE!! All i feel differently with a few minutes on each, my legs either go really cold ot hot.

I've not listened to the above but I've a feeling that it's drone music. I'm not a fan myself but my brother who's pretty much an insomniac finds it really useful. It basically gives you something to concentrate on instead of letting your brain wander on about stuff that might keep you awake. As it only changes very slightly you still concentrate yet your brain can relax and go to sleep despite the apparent hugeness of the noise.

Kinda hard to get across, though I never have this problem, I can get to sleep real easy.

You don't need headphones that's for sure, just a half decent system - if indeed it's the type o' music I'm referring to.

Can you get this in MP3 form? It says that the format can't be played, somethings wrong with my sound card I think... got audio issues in other programs as well.

theres a little program in there that plays the file

that was pretty cool, i did the first one. nothing out of the ordinary but i did feel myself slip... at about 45% when the faster siren came in seemed to really hit hard

Seems like digital snake oil to me.

I have no idea what snake oil does, but if you mean that you think thats its fake, then I can understand

I've heard on other forums that it really works, but it just seems so weird, how could music change your brain waves or whatever :S

Snake oil is a traditional Chinese medicine used to treat joint pain. However, the most common usage of the words is as a derogatory term for compounds offered as medicines which imply they are fake, fraudulent, or ineffective.

There is no scientific rationale given by them for how it works. They only say that it goes through a panel of testers employed by them (biased). For any 'drug' to be considered valid it has to go through randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled tests. This is just a group of their friends or employees, who are either biased consciously or subconsciously.

Forum users who are saying it works are just expecting it to work and so succumbing to the placebo effect.

There is no scientific rationale given by them for how it works. They only say that it goes through a panel of testers employed by them (biased). For any 'drug' to be considered valid it has to go through randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled tests. This is just a group of their friends or employees, who are either biased consciously or subconsciously.

Forum users who are saying it works are just expecting it to work and so succumbing to the placebo effect.

The process might use differing sound frequencies for each ear. This can alter (scientifically 'proven') your brainwave state. You can move to the ranges of alpha, delta and theta, from beta (you spend most of your waking hours in beta). I might assume though, if I'm correct about the technique, that any 'cocaine' effect will probably encourage beta. Differing sound frequency can also have the effect of "balancing" the two brain hemispheres, creating allignment whereby your perception alters. Interestingly, western culture has been shown to emphasise left brain functioning/thinking (analytical, conceptual, etc.). Therefore, any enhanced realisation or usage of right brain functioning (emotional, creative, etc.) has the potential of shifting perception and experience, especially in the sense of its novelty.

I've used sound frequency technology, as have friends, and we have experienced many interesting effects that you might relate to drugs in the sense of shifting perception. Funnily enough though, everything shifts perception, therefore everything is a drug (in some sense), including pizza or lemonade. Food for thought... :D

I think it is very possible that a placebo effect can be the foundation of a certain experience. I certainly don't deny the power of belief. I guess that's where science becomes useful because, eventually and hopefully, it transcends belief/desire.

If anyone is really interest in this stuff, you might want to check out 'hemi-sync'. I highly recommend it as the lazy man's meditation/altered state experience ^_^

Edited by rowly