Hope Pro 2 2007.

Danny Kearns

Could just be the hub they have/saw.

Some hubs are louder than others, even if they're the same make and model.

Depends on how they've been ridden, harshly/smoothly. XC/trials..etc.

At a guess, the '06 would've been bedded in, so all the grease it would've had when it was brand new would've worn in, and the '07 would still have it all in, so it'd be much quieter.

I'm pretty sure they have the same internals, no reason why they shouldn't? Onlt difference is the '07 hub shells are thicker/stronger.

i also think that different sized sprockets makes a differenct to the sound, like loudspeakers/ear phones, biggers cones project a bigger sound. could be the same with cogs no?

thats the conclusion i came to as to why alex's was twice the sound of dans and mine

i also think that different sized sprockets makes a differenct to the sound, like loudspeakers/ear phones, biggers cones project a bigger sound. could be the same with cogs no?

thats the conclusion i came to as to why alex's was twice the sound of dans and mine

Differen't gear ration - slightly more/less engagements?

Again though, could depend on the hubs, one could've been more bedded in than the others, so it was louder?

hi i bought a pro 2 today and im undecided on what eyar it is because it has the new logo on it i bought it form tarty at the bikeshow and it started off pritty quite and has kept getting lowder . but ym m8 andys was the same and now its well loud its louder than ym profile :angry: but overall im well impressed witht he hub not one problem and building the wheel was like butter :-) .

I think it's mainly to do with how tight the springs are, on my pro 2 06 the springs are really streched, and mine is one of the loudest hubs i've heard.

However other peoples i've seen havn't streched the springs and are averagely loud. I also guess what sort of lube you use aswell.

Ben

yh but it hasnt got the added rim on the hub body .

How much you buy it for tarty sell the 06 ones for 110 and 07 for 130 i believe; and if it hasnt got the little ridge in it then its the 06 but dont worry as only 3% of them have broke.

I think thats probably right you know..

Like there'd be less force being put on a small cog, producing less sound? or am i wrong?

I dont understand all the technical shiz :)

hi i bought a pro 2 today and im undecided on what eyar it is because it has the new logo on it i bought it form tarty at the bikeshow and it started off pritty quite and has kept getting lowder .

Its the 06 version you have Liam, they changed the logo over at around the same time but some of the 06 hubs came with 07 logos :)

Should get louder as you use it (Y)

The 07 ones are supplied lubed with oil instead of grease so are generally a little louder.

Cheers

Ads

like loudspeakers/ear phones, biggers cones project a bigger sound. could be the same with cogs no?

Does it really matter if it clicks loudly if it works well ?

Edited by CBProductions

I know back when I used XC's, when the springs went we used to use springs from Biro's as replacements. These where a light tighter and made for a louder click.

But also the 2007 uses a new oil for lubrication.

Those are the only reasons I can think of, if set up in the same frame/setup.

From bike to bike, everything affects the sound.