What You Guys Think About This Frame ?

leemekeetja

Heya,

Im thinking of buying this frame,

so i want opinions.

Linky : http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=2215

Also i want to know if anyone who has that frame, could post up some pics of it in action.

And i want to know knowledge from that frame owners, what moves this frame is good at ?

Thank you,

Tim.

The frame is a street frame really, with a geo to suit trials with a twist of bmx lol Its not really a frame for big front wheel gaps ect not saying it cant be done on the frame though but it suits more of a streety rider.

the base is a fantastic frame if you wanna have a streety edge to your riding and if you aren't gay and require a stupid long frame to do big gaps, taps and sidehops (no offence to 99% of the forum)

if you have some imagination and like your spins and hops, get it, they ride awesomely, and also ride nicely for gay trials too :)

post-5322-1178006717_thumb.jpg

post-5322-1178006625_thumb.jpg

post-5322-1178006594_thumb.jpg

i had 3 (changed to other frames and always went back to a base, before getting a 24)

If you want to have a streety riding style then this frame would be perfect for you! Don't be put off by all these trials riders who are afraid of bike shaped bikes these days.

Sorry i must have mis read your original post, are you wanting to do street riding or trials on it ? :S It would be perfect for street riding with a strong back brake and no front brake single speed and your away :D

Ben

its horid ge ta low frame like a zoo

:lol:

Don't be put off by all these trials riders who are afraid of bike shaped bikes these days.

hear hear....

its a good frame - cheap simple

remember not sooo long ago this frame was the basis for a trials team. . . you can say its streety but you can still ride trials on it ....

Why is everyone so down on this frame ? for 129 quid its a great frame, the geometry is similar to short Pitbulls and Controls, unless I am missing something.

Its also crazy that no one has asked how tall you are, if you are over 2 meters it will be way too short (or very streety) however if you are around 175 cm its a pretty good length frame.

Regarding shipping, I have had tarty send goods to Dubai, postage cost is always reasonable and it arrives quickly too.

Duane.

:lol:

hear hear....

its a good frame - cheap simple

remember not sooo long ago this frame was the basis for a trials team. . . you can say its streety but you can still ride trials on it ....

That's what im aiming for !

btw im 170cm and i own a trialsbike already, koxx levelboss copy.

Its too long and i would also like a seat sometimes, just cruisin down the city etc.

Im really considering buying this frame.

Edited by leemekeetja

So your saying that basebikes aren't strong etc ?

Well... that frame probably has the worst geometry possible and it only has v mounts on the back. I think that if you buy it a few months down the line you will find that it is holding you back.

Edited by mr ?

Well... that frame probably has the worst geometry possible and it only has v mounts on the back. I think that if you buy it a few months down the line you will find that it is holding you back.

I dont agree, i think from what you have described this bike is perfect for you, it doesnt really matter about the back just having v mounts nowadays you can get some very strong v's !! The geometry on the bike is fine :S If you like it i think you should get it strong long lasting bike :D

Ben

You might find some comments about early base frames cracking where the seat stays join the seat tube, but this effected the 04 year model. The frame you are looking at is two models later and doesn't suffer from this.

The only difference from a long, low and silver bike is that the head angle is a little steeper so the wheelbase is a little shorter, otherwise all the bits that matter, BB, headtube, chainstays etc are where you would like them to be.

I am more or less the same height as you and I get on great with this frame.

To give you some idea how the built bike looks have a search in the bike pictures section.

Duane.

Edited by duane

You might find some comments about early base frames cracking where the seat stays join the seat tube, but this effected the 04 year model. The frame you are looking at is two models later and doesn't suffer from this.

The only difference from a long, low and silver bike is that the head angle is a little steeper so the wheelbase is a little shorter, otherwise all the bits that matter, BB, headtube, chainstays etc are where you would like them to be.

I am more or less the same height as you and I get on great with this frame.

To give you some idea how the built bike looks have a search in the bike pictures section.

Duane.

Yeh, looked them already. Some are sweet , some arent.

I really want some pics of that frame in action.

Basebikes, from what I've heard aren't really all that strong... but like any bike for around that price range, they can take a good beating!!

Reading through some posts this afternoon I noticed that Damon Watson is selling his Adamant frame for a very reasonable price, so If you'd be interested in purchasing one of these, then give him a shout before it goes!!

John