No Tartybikes! So How Do I?.....

Ghetto Rider

Ahh you're all so lucky, I need a new driveshell for my chris king which had extra notches on it but I cant get it sorted till tarty re-opens as it should be covered by warranty. Any ideas on solving the problem quicker without having to buy a whole new one?.

I'am royally F'd in the A.

Crank threads are nackered, can't get the crank puller in. So I've started to angle grind through the axle, got through the non-driveside but cant get through driveside as my disc isnt big enough (the freewheel is blocking my grinder) MEGA W**K!

DJ ride at the weekend and it'll be a f**king miracle if this is all sorted before then.

I swear if everybody used the correct tools and put copper grease into threads when they put bikes together there would be NO PROBLEMS. <--------- That should be a commandment!

Replacement springs for the 74 Kingz tensioners??

Get yourself to B&Q and buy a pack of junior hack-saw blades. They've got little holes pre-drilled problem is they're a bit longer. Either way if you're desperate it's an option.

And no offence to Selectbikes, but I've only ever ordered from them twice, and both times there were small problems, but that was about 2 years ago so might be okay now.

Hey Guys,

With TartyBikes offline I thought i'd make a post for those that need advice on where to get alternative parts. Put a post here and a link!

Starting with me, need a TPA kit

and a new Maxis 2.5 rear tyre!

Tarty Links!? - http://82.110.105.16/tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=10023

http://82.110.105.16/tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=632

Hopefully you lot will know where to find these parts!?

Thanks people!

Dan (Y)

Got them instock at MJCycles, give ema ring on 01925 650100

The 5050's are shite! My mate has some and his pins part came apart after 2 rides and he is a newbie so god knows how they fell apart. DX's for the win! (Y)

Mike has em on his bike, with the extra pins they are great and super reliable!

Its worked for me several times

For gods sake man, it clearly isn't working for him! I had the same problem last week Mat, when I found out the angle grinder wouldn't work I grinded the frame around the bottom bracket instead haha.

I'm definitely not going to chop up a perfectly good XTP so I can use some musclemans and a eno! lol I think I'll just hacksaw both sides of the axle off by the frame and then hammer out the axle from the crank, or just take the freewheel off and throw the cranks away.

EDIT: Got my tensile pedal thread insert from Supercycles, they eventually answered the phone.

Edited by Scopse

doh, looks like ill have to wait.

I was gunna get one of them aswell. Snap. Do you want to order them both and I'll give you the money, save on postage and will save the tarty boys from wasting packaging materials.

(Y):P

New frame needed and pads... are selectbikes.com any good for reliabilty and quick delivery??

Yes they are reliable for delivery, and aren't too bad on reliability, although it can be a bit of a s**t if you need to contact them in a hurry, because it seems to take them a short while to answer their phones... Other than that they are great and I would definately deal with them again, they are cheap and affordable, and best off they do free delivery!!

John

as tarty is away for a few weeks i was searching high and low for a rohloff tensioner and finally found one at http://www.cyclesurgery.com

£13 cheaper than tarty too!

just thought id post that here if anyone is looking for anything specific. might have just been a 1 off find though.

The tensioner in the picture is the short and that's probably not gonna work even with 14t...

I'd ring and see if you can get the long one first.

Where can i buy a hope stem in 11cm and 10 degree rise and pay by paypal

gold and o/s

Get a card and go to CRC.