Graffiti.........

ding_dong

graphitti?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. is it vandalism or art?

• art
    • vandalism

I have been graffiting for about 2 years, under the name sc**... Scud scummy scum scrubbed scrum ect. I think i may move on to the name Hyatari which is slang for Peyote, or Whos Who

BUt i dont do it on walls ect, i do it on paper and i have completed most of my GCSE work with graffiti. I have loads of bits hich i could show you but i cant really be asked to upload it on here, but i suppose i will if you give me a minute.

If graffiti art is your thing i did a bit og GCSE work on a lad called Aaron Bird, he sells his graffiti and ears around 125,000.00 a peice and is making a lot of money from it. Banksy is also another big artist he did a momorial in SE london to a boy who got shot down on valentines day, he also is very famous for having the queens gaurd pissing up a phone box ect

A few good ones i have seen are stencil artists. a few of my favorites was a rat with the print reading " I have won" ther other was a big buggs bunny on the side of a council flat estae, was absoloutely husge, took up about 5/6 floors, very amazing.

France is great for graffiti, but most of them get caught half way through, La'tukay (sp?) Is a great example!

anyhow gimme a sec

scurm001.jpg

SCRUM

st004.jpg

ST

Sped001.jpg

Unfinished SPEED

I think they are all in the right order anyway.

I have a load more but i think they are on my other PC, i have a unfunushed bit i did about 2 years ao which is what started me off. i will try and find it

Edited by Radfax

I think i prefer banksy to ALL other graffiti artist due to all/most of his work having a meaning behind it.

To FP - It was probaly outlined in spray, Filled using a roller, Then outlined again ;):)

I don't rate Banksy as some others. His work is clearly awesome.

But it's all stencils. (Completely ownage stencils, I won't lie) I'd Like it if he could produce a freehand piece, as good as his stencil work.

Plus he's way too popular now. :rolleyes::sick:(joke, I couldn't give a f**k how many people like him)

when i was trying to do a peice of work for collage i really looked into how these artists used cars how they filled outlined ect and 90% of the stuff out there is all done with can, But they all start with the colour first and then outline the lot as they found that this was the quickest way to work and they made les mistakes this was because if they did it could easily be rectified or worked with in the peice.

I also couldnt findure out for shizz how they got these perfect dead straight lines.... I dont know if any of you have looked at it that close buk the seperation betweek two colours can be dead straight with a very clear and defining like and i thought to myself they muct mark this off or some thing but its all in the nozzels they use and the way they build up the colour. there is a shop in cantabery that sells just nozzles for cans and they have so many choices they have hundreds! fine lines, diffrent arrays of fades, spurges of diffrent sizes shaped, stars, circles, squares bloody hundreds it was unbeliveable. they also did like 2 litre sized cans, it was crazy.

just thought you might like to know that as i always did. I must say Banksy is a stnciler 90% of the time, i dont know bout you but i have always classed graffiti as these huge murals which people draw, does anybody else? I think stenciling is a totaly diffrent genre of graffiti as is graffiti and tagging/scrawl?

EDIT

Yeh what Haz said!

Edited by Radfax

yeah i agree with him^^^^^ about the stencils murials and pieces, and rad fax you are a really good artist, im just starting out atm and am no where near as good as you are, oh and about the caps or nozzels as you called them, how muxh are thy where you can get them from because i know a good site, although american, wer you can get ten caps for $4.99 or 50 caps for $9.99 and 100! caps for $24.99 do you have myspace btw i would love to have a chat and maby you could give me some tips?

Edit: i may uopload some pic sof my work soon if i can be bothered

Edited by ding_dong

na i dont get on with that myspace stuff, i have msn but am not on there offten. where abouts are you from out of intrest mate?

This shop wasnt really a oh your highstreet shiop, its in the back iof a tattoists. You have to walk through and out the back (dodgey or what hey). they are VERY well priced considering. They are 10-25p a tip. I dont write on walls or anything but i have a small amount on the walls of my garage inside and they are really strange to use but great fun. I want to write a big mural on the back of my garage door as a load of little scallys have scrawn all over the back of the garages yup my way, not mentioning any names alan :- so i want to do a big peice up there. Not necicarily graffiti, maybe just a cool image, i quite like the idea of a big eye...

nah i only have the net when im at collage so i can't get on msn it sucks, im from hull btw, ive heared that there are some very good shops in leeds so i mite have to take a trip there some time soon, have you use montana spary before? from my experience this is the best paint for big pieces as it is variable preasure and are female cans so teher are a wide rand of caps you can use compared to using the cheaper male cans. if its no problem if i gave you some money could you get me some caps if i told you what i wanted and i would include some money for postage and a little extra for you? ;)

scallys have scrawn all over the back of the garages yup my way, not mentioning any names alan :-

Why me? :lol:;)

Went to extreme sports show thing today, and there was a graffiti area.... i watched the bloke do the lil devil one, and 2 other pieces, Was good to see him getting younger spectators involved, some as young as id say 3 haha He had a good spray technique aswell (The 3? year old) haha

Pictures:

pict0011us4.th.jpgpict0013hy3.th.jpgpict0014wq9.th.jpg

Why me? :lol:;)

Went to extreme sports show thing today, and there was a graffiti area.... i watched the bloke do the lil devil one, and 2 other pieces, Was good to see him getting younger spectators involved, some as young as id say 3 haha He had a good spray technique aswell (The 3? year old) haha

Pictures:

at about half 8 yesterday morning me and the bloke from Skin industies were running around trying to find that place but we couldnt find it for shit! there was also meant to be a wind tunnel there but there wasnt! got to have a good old liik at that white CR250 which was riding around and that little CR50 in the FMX arena and the CR250 has got me right in the mood! those lads were well alright!

i am not just talking avout little chavs writing "I WOZ ERE 2K7"

I hate it when they do that!! 2K7 = 20007 and why do they write "WOZ ERE", I mean, No shit!!

But when people actually write or draw something it normally looks awesome, if anyones ever been to Holland, Theres graffiti all the way along the walls were the train lines run.

at about half 8 yesterday morning me and the bloke from Skin industies were running around trying to find that place but we couldnt find it for shit! there was also meant to be a wind tunnel there but there wasnt! got to have a good old liik at that white CR250 which was riding around and that little CR50 in the FMX arena and the CR250 has got me right in the mood! those lads were well alright!

Nope no wind tunnel, Which sounded like it was going to be interesting :(

Haha, CLICK MEEEEEEEEEEE Thats a site on the bloke who was doing the graffiti there, As if he's not amzing! haha

Mate! That '07 KTM250, F*CKING LUSH!!! I'd shit myself on that bike!

he wasnt riding his best yesterday and the lad on the CR250 cased the landing with his front wheel landed on his head and got back up again! Nice bunch of lads though!

nah i only have the net when im at collage so i can't get on msn it sucks, im from hull btw, ive heared that there are some very good shops in leeds so i mite have to take a trip there some time soon, have you use montana spary before? from my experience this is the best paint for big pieces as it is variable preasure and are female cans so teher are a wide rand of caps you can use compared to using the cheaper male cans. if its no problem if i gave you some money could you get me some caps if i told you what i wanted and i would include some money for postage and a little extra for you?

Iwas tlaking to alan about this tonight actually and montanas arent really worth the hastle IMO. the ones i have used seem the same as cheappy cans, the only reason i would chose montanas is because if the colour range! But yeh sed me some dollah illl get you some, ill let you know when i am down there next. i need some new supplies to decorate my pipe so it may be some time soon!

ill let you know when i am down there next. i need some new supplies to decorate my pipe so it may be some time soon!

Mother has said yes to the shed idea mate, So im going to need to be coming with you. ;)

Havn't graffed ina while, New word, New font style, First attemp, Done quite quite quick..... With a shoddy paint background job :P

hmm looks better when you can atually see it on paper.

post-8580-1179099663_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alan