133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you smoke?

• Yes and I like it.
    • Every now and then.
    • Yes but I wanna quit.
    • No but I don't care.
    • No and I hate it.

EDIT:

I ditto that, I don't mind alcoholic beverages when you only have the odd few and drink sensibly, but whats the fun in getting drunk?, apart from walking round like a loon and having no recollection of what you did, or how close you got to getting killed the night before?

Pathetic people.

That is the fun of it, Im sure most of england would agree.

I HATE smoking with a passion! I have come really close to ripping a fag out of someones mouth a few times, mainly when riding comps. I am there riding getting fresh air, I am tired and out of breath from a section and I get a deep breath of smoke THATS NOT ON!! Twats!

You can do it in your home, but dont invite me around. You can smoke lots on your own, but if you stink I dont wanna know you.

I hate weed too, Why do you need it to have a good time? are you too sad and boring not to have a laugh without altering your mind? I have tried weed and I thought it sucked, it was a bit weird at first, but it just got annoying after a bit.

I dont like alcohol either, why do people feel the need to get wasted every week? could they not have the same fun sober? I know I could!

I understand you probobly wern't asking me in particular but I feel that I should answer.

Personally, I don't need it to have a good time, like I said before I use it to help me unwind I don't need it to allow me to have a laugh. its not for everyone

I dont like alcohol either, why do people feel the need to get wasted every week? could they not have the same fun sober? I know I could!

i've had awesome times when i'm sober. and i've had awesome times when drinking.

if i didn't drink i don't think i've have had as many awesome times.

that's why i drink.

I think smoking is possibly the most recurring (readable) topic in chit-chat these days!

Ok, laptops going to die very quickly. In short, I don't really drink or smoke that often these days. I used to alot, had alot of good times, but during the period I've also had great times sober. Moderation is the key with any drug, you drink alot you'll be a complete nob in some way to someone you know. You smoke alot you'll just be a complete monger and get lost in a routine which just kills boredom, making doing nothing enjoyable.

I way prefer the affects of cannabis, if it was possible to eat it and it affect you the same way as a joint I think that'd be best. No battering the lungs and it doesn't completely shit on you. But, then again, sober's fun enough!

Question: Did they ever do much research into long term detrimental effects to the brain from drinking & smoking? Just curious.

I think smoking is possibly the most recurring (readable) topic in chit-chat these days!

Ok, laptops going to die very quickly. In short, I don't really drink or smoke that often these days. I used to alot, had alot of good times, but during the period I've also had great times sober. Moderation is the key with any drug, you drink alot you'll be a complete nob in some way to someone you know. You smoke alot you'll just be a complete monger and get lost in a routine which just kills boredom, making doing nothing enjoyable.

I way prefer the affects of cannabis, if it was possible to eat it and it affect you the same way as a joint I think that'd be best. No battering the lungs and it doesn't completely shit on you. But, then again, sober's fun enough!

Question: Did they ever do much research into long term detrimental effects to the brain from drinking & smoking? Just curious.

You can eat Resin. I wouldn't say no more than a £5's. My mate ate a chunk of resin, was about a £5's. Was stoned for 3 days straight.

Danny.

I don't have to try something to know what its like. I do have an imagination and like you said the human brain is a powerful device. For example I've had dreams and done something i'd never done before but it felt the exact same when I actually did it.

You remind me of me, And you're so wrong. Imagine the best feeling you've ever had, then multiply it by 100 and your not even close. Sorry but its a feeling you CANNOT explain and you most certainly CANNOT imagine without previous useage.

Im not trying to convince you to do anything, Im just saying its a completly different ball game, Anyone whos done anything knows what I'm talkign about. Also, As ive said you really do remind me of myself a few years ago.. Without sounding to condrasending (if thats a word).

Either way, I dont smoke, I havent done drugs for months and months (not even canabis) and I rarely drink these days. Each to their own.

It pisses me off i dont see why anyone would want to do it, why pay money to get adicted to something that could give you cancer and end you life early, and make you less unfit and get out of breath easy and make you impitant. Its a complete waste of money and just think what a twat soso is for doing it think of all the money you could save and what you could spend it on. Your paying money to end your life early why do it.

What gets me really pissed off though is when parents smoke around young children and dont take into account there own childrens health and dont care really that they could increase there childs chances of cancer and pritty much kill there own child. It really gets to me does that and gets me pissed off.

drinking - yes, don't know much about the conclusions except that being an alchoholic makes you an arse.

smoking tobacco - no idea

smoking the ganja - I read some fairly recent research on this. To grossly oversimplify ... there's 2 main active chemicals in the ganja - THC and CBD. THC (the fun one) messes with the bit of your brain that stops you swearing and thinking innappropriate thoughts. CBD is good for your brain and potentially reduces risk of mental illness. The problem with modern breeds of skunk is that the THC content is much higher relative to the CBD compared to more classic forms of weed (the stuff your parents/grandparents were smoking) which means you're more likely to end up with Dope psychosis or if you're vulnerable - get tipped over into proper madness.

Anybody who's smoked dope heavily for any length of time (by this I mean at least a half-ounce of good skunk to themselves every week for at least a year) will be able to tell you that dope psychosis is very very real and not a particularly useful thing to suffer.