Do you smoke?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you smoke?

• Yes and I like it.
    • Every now and then.
    • Yes but I wanna quit.
    • No but I don't care.
    • No and I hate it.

i don't smoke, never tried and feel no need.

i don't mind when people around me smoke. my rents have done it off and on for a long time, and most of my mates smoke at parties, some of them quite a lot.

i don't really mind girls smoking either. i mean, it's nicer if they don't, but it's so common anyways. plus, it's a perfect way of striking up a conversation...

i destroy my body way to much with alcohol anyway, i don't need another poison in my blood.

I'm hoping that when my kids are older I can tell them that smoking was something that people used to do.

When finally the evidence was completely overwhelming of it leading to a quick death for the smoker and those around, it rapidly died out.

You've got to be stupid to be smoking in light of all the evidence, and if death seems too far off to be real, try and think of the effect an early and painful death would have on your family and friends, any kids you could have in the future. You only get one life! I don't want to voluntarily start limiting my lung operation either, holding me back from enjoying an active life.

It really annoys me to see mothers or fathers smoking whilst pushing prams / walking with children. Our neighbour was smoking right up to the birth of her baby. Most smokers don't seem to care for other people's health, but that took the biscuit!

Let's not pussy foot around smokers anymore! When they sit next to you and light up, ask them not to, even if they are an attractive young lady!

My opinion on this is kinda confused and contrived, I don't really know how I feel because on principle as a rule I'd say I don't like it, because it smells and gets in your eyes and the whole possibility of death thing and like I just know it's bad. But then to be fair EVERYONE knows it's bad but does it anyway, I used to smoke so I also know it doesn't matter how much someone tells you all these things because it's an addiction and you'll just ignore it. And on top of that my last 3 girlfriends have smoked, along with numerous girls I've slept with, and it has never bothered me.

So.............. I dunno, it's bad and don't do it, but if you do it already I aint gonna get shitty with you or even mention it probably!

Davey

Im undecided to be honest, i smoke when im out drinking, but then again I get bashed of least once a week usually more, but yea i like it then, but i dont feel like i ever need one particually, just nice for the drunk walk home or chatt outside with your mates, rollies are fun but missions but putting a classed substance in can be fun, but only if your staying in with mates and plently of munch / unscary films

I like smoking a lot

but...

DONT f**kING START YOU SPANNER!!!!

Indeed it's probably not worth it in the long run.

You spend money on it, but why?

People enjoy it like said.

People who are moaning at people smoking, do you drink??

If you do, then how can you have ago at someone for killing themselves when you are doing exactly the same thing just with a differant substance??

Also people eat shit food.

No point just smoking tobacco. Absolutely pointless.

Drugs are pointless. Yeah it was fun but i don't need drugs/ alcohol to have a good time. I have had just as good of times when riding/ laughing since i gave up. I only realised it after.

I just stick to green, surely no one can possibly complain about the smell of that!

It actually really annoys me when people are smoking dope around me. When i smell it at the skatepark while i'm trying to get a lung full of air while flowing about the ramps is just annoying. I can't do anything about it really and fully understand why people hate normal smoking.

Why would you start smoking all of a sudden?

Because i started smoking dope which caused me to smoke baccy. Which is really a poor state of effairs. You could say the same about pub smoking. I mean if you go to the pub alot you might start smoking baccy as it's all around you.

Generally full filling the morning craving is soo enjoyable. But i do find the craving to annoy me when i don't want to relax. I should consider using nicorette for the times that i don't want to smoke.

I work in a bar and everyone around me smokes, I smoke on occasion but whenevr I do it just reminds me its not a joint and then I get disapointed and put it out.. lol...

Wouldn't bother, there are far better things to spend money on...

You people which smoke, i know the chances are slim but it is still a possibility and we all go through live thinking its never going to be me...

What are you talking about? The chances aren't slim at all. 50% of smokers will die early because of it. 100% will be unfit, smell horrible and harm other people. Most will have some form of chronic disease (COPD) that f**ks up their life. The average smoker in the UK spends ÂŁ63 000 in their lifetime on cigarettes (I learnt that from a Howies catalogue). f**k a duck.

Smokers are Jokers :turned:

If you hadn't guessed, I hate smoking. It's just the single most retarded thing anyone can do in my eyes. Can't wait for the ban.

My thought on smoking are a bit muddled really.

I smoke grass myself. When I say grass I mean green stuff, rather than the shite soapbar which has plagued this country for the past 15 years, mind you they are starting to contaminate the green now so one need's to be careful where they source it from. I don't have a problem with smoking grass, I do it fairly often, yet I continue to keep my life together, infact if anything smoking only makes me want to prove that I can keep it together even more so. I've been told that im amongst the brightest in my college class, I don't deny that smoking of any type is harmful for you, it is, but I will have a few joints on a friday night, spending about a tenner at the most for the smoke, so in that respect it's definately cheaper than drinking, and I won't wake up with a mega hang over, I also won't have made a dick of myself in a druken rage as so many people do.

When it comes to girls smoking im much the same, i'll tolerate it because it's something I do, but i'll draw the line at anyone smoking while I eat, smoking near me inside when they could easily go outside, and those who have yellow teeth. I'd prefer my girls to not smoke at all but that's unfair and unreal...

100% will be unfit, smell horrible and harm other people.

It's statements like that, that make me disregard your entire comment. It's simply NOT TRUE. Don't even ask me to explain how it's not.

There's a couple fags a day that I really dont want to give up. Going outside for the morning one and the after dinner one is a genuine pleasure but the other ones I smoke in a day are mostly an excuse to slack off work for ten minutes or just get some air.

I knocked the daytime fags on the head pretty easily for a few months last year by resorting to nicorette (I liked the sweeties more than the gum) - I still kept up the morning and evening ones cos I like them so much but getting down from 20 to 2 or 3 a day had to be a good thing.

I'm back up to about 8 a day without the nicorrette now cos I just lost interest in stopping. I'll give it another rag when I get the urge and might even go the whole way this time.

oh yeah..

Weed's a massive shitload more carcinogenic than tobacco so don't go thinking only smoking the green excludes you from being an idiot - especially when you compare the per gramme prices of tobacco and a decent skunk.

If you use the 'its fun so its more worth it' argument you might as well smoke Crack - I can tell you for a fact it's a lot more fun than smoking weed and in the long run you'll have spent less money cos you'll be dead before you hit 35.

Edited by poopipe

There's a couple fags a day that I really dont want to give up. Going outside for the morning one and the after dinner one is a genuine pleasure but the other ones I smoke in a day are mostly an excuse to slack off work for ten minutes or just get some air.

I knocked the daytime fags on the head pretty easily for a few months last year by resorting to nicorette (I liked the sweeties more than the gum) - I still kept up the morning and evening ones cos I like them so much but getting down from 20 to 2 or 3 a day had to be a good thing.

I'm back up to about 8 a day without the nicorrette now cos I just lost interest in stopping. I'll give it another rag when I get the urge and might even go the whole way this time.

oh yeah..

Weed's a massive shitload more carcinogenic than tobacco so don't go thinking only smoking the green excludes you from being an idiot - especially when you compare the per gramme prices of tobacco and a decent skunk.

If you use the 'its fun so its more worth it' argument you might as well smoke Crack - I can tell you for a fact it's a lot more fun than smoking weed and in the long run you'll have spent less money cos you'll be dead before you hit 35.

yep weed is more carcinogenic but it would be uncommon for people to chain smoke joints, even at one every two hours, which would leave you being a serious mong, would only amount to 12 a day, if you were up all day of course.

Like I said i don't deny smoking anything is harmful, just personally, i'd rather smoke a spliff than a cigarette.

yep weed is more carcinogenic but it would be uncommon for people to chain smoke joints, even at one every two hours, which would leave you being a serious mong, would only amount to 12 a day, if you were up all day of course.

Like I said i don't deny smoking anything is harmful, just personally, i'd rather smoke a spliff than a cigarette.

uncommon but not unheard of :-

You have your head screwed on straight - a lot of people don't

I know so many people that say that but still smoke fags inbetween joints. I think any kind of smoking is stupid its not my thing at all. I've never tried it and have no intention of trying either. People that smoke pot piss me off aswell they f**king love doing it and always say its safe etc. To be honest sitting round smoking a splif getting monged out isn't my idea of fun. They look so pathetic and retared doing it aswell. I've also noticed people that smoke pot are really slow and dumb and also chat a lot of shit.

It's statements like that, that make me disregard your entire comment. It's simply NOT TRUE. Don't even ask me to explain how it's not.

No, please do explain. You can't say something like that without at least having a stab at backing it up.

I know so many people that say that but still smoke fags inbetween joints. I think any kind of smoking is stupid its not my thing at all. I've never tried it and have no intention of trying either. People that smoke pot piss me off aswell they f**king love doing it and always say its safe etc. To be honest sitting round smoking a splif getting monged out isn't my idea of fun. They look so pathetic and retared doing it aswell. I've also noticed people that smoke pot are really slow and dumb and also chat a lot of shit.

Your statement is probobly right of about 60-70% of the people I know who smoke. The other 30%, which I see myself to be a part of, will do our thing, and 'unwind' after wards by having a spliff. If for example we are going out biking, we won't start off by having a spliff, we will go out, ride for a few hours until we can't anymore, head back to base, and skin up. At this stage we are not hindering our ability to do what we wanted.

I know that if I smoke a spliff before going out for a ride on the trials bike I won't ride aswell as I would if I was sober, so i just don't do it. I'd much rather wait until i've come in after a ride, have a bite to eat, and then have a smoke before watching some TV or something. I think alot of people lack that control over themelf's or rather simply have nothing else to do.

I have mate's that will smoke fags between joints, one in particular says it 'top's him up' which is a concept I've NEVER been able to grasp I can assure you that you wouldn't catch me doing that. I'd sonner grab the roach from the ashtray and have a puff or two, but I never smoke tobacco on it's own other than when im on my break in work, I work 3 nites a week and have one break each shift, so three rollies a week, usually only smoke half of a small paper too before I don't want it anymore and throw it away.

Sitting around smoking a spliff getting monged out isn't my idea of fun either. but I see exacley where your coming from because I know so many people who fit your description.

No, please do explain. You can't say something like that without at least having a stab at backing it up.

ok well seeing as im stoned :lol: and you made the comment, why don't you back it up? How can I not say what I did but you can say '100% will be unfit, smell horrible and harm other people.' without backing that up?

Surley that they smell horrible is a matter of opinion??? I'd imagine that not 100% of smokers are considered 'unfit' in relation to the rest of the population, and im not sure how anyone can come up with the statistic that 100% of smoker's harm other people?

By the way, the smoking ban just started over here, It's the best thing since sliced bread as far as im concerned. I laughed at all the cigerette smokers when I was at the bar on monday night.

I think what he's probalby saying is that much like myself he smells lovely and isn't what you'd term unfit.

I'll grant I'd probably be fitter and smell slightly sweeter if I didnt smoke but given that I can ride as much as I want without my lungs hurting and still attract women I'm not already living with (this could be down to charm and being pretty of course) I don't see there's much of a problem.

If you compared my fitness level with the average 27 year old office working type I'd probably piss all over them despite all the smoking, drinking and bacon eating I do.

edit: oh right - jake answered too.

Edited by poopipe

I've never tried it and have no intention of trying either.

In my opinion, you can't comment (well you can, but its null and void) until you've tried something... Don't turn round and say oh i'll go murder someone and you can't comment because you haven't murdered someone, this is totally different.

I know loads of people who absolutly hated drugs of all kind, After they experimented with them (no force) they realised there was another side of things, often unsaid.

If you tried something and still had the same belief/feelings afterwards then fair enough. But to be so naieve is just stupid imo.

As for being so proud of drug use etc as you say some are, I personally dont like to say much because I feel the same about you, anyone who goes round shouting about what they've done is a complete tit and chances are the rest of the world thinks the same. Such a huge magority of people do drugs (like weed/cocain/pils) but its mostly the tits you hear bragging about it, the high powered business executive that uses it to "get away from it all" on a friday night wont mention it to anyone... :)

I personally have huge respect for drugs, I've turned down free cocain/pills/mdma/weed more times than I can remember, I promise you this. Doing MDMA (basically the part of ecstasy that does all the good stuff, without any of the added crap (x10)) was the most enlightening thing i've ever done. It made me realise what my body was capable of doing, especially if you just believe. And once again, in my opinion its something everyone should experience.

My old psychology teacher told our class that, off the record obviously but he actually recomended people do ecstasy just to expeirence that side of things.

I just beg you dont be so niaeve about things are realise its more the politics behind drugs which keeps them "evil" rather than the product themselves.

In my opinion, you can't comment (well you can, but its null and void) until you've tried something... Don't turn round and say oh i'll go murder someone and you can't comment because you haven't murdered someone, this is totally different.

I know loads of people who absolutly hated drugs of all kind, After they experimented with them (no force) they realised there was another side of things, often unsaid.

If you tried something and still had the same belief/feelings afterwards then fair enough. But to be so naieve is just stupid imo.

As for being so proud of drug use etc as you say some are, I personally dont like to say much because I feel the same about you, anyone who goes round shouting about what they've done is a complete tit and chances are the rest of the world thinks the same. Such a huge magority of people do drugs (like weed/cocain/pils) but its mostly the tits you hear bragging about it, the high powered business executive that uses it to "get away from it all" on a friday night wont mention it to anyone... :)

I personally have huge respect for drugs, I've turned down free cocain/pills/mdma/weed more times than I can remember, I promise you this. Doing MDMA (basically the part of ecstasy that does all the good stuff, without any of the added crap (x10)) was the most enlightening thing i've ever done. It made me realise what my body was capable of doing, especially if you just believe. And once again, in my opinion its something everyone should experience.

My old psychology teacher told our class that, off the record obviously but he actually recomended people do ecstasy just to expeirence that side of things.

I just beg you dont be so niaeve about things are realise its more the politics behind drugs which keeps them "evil" rather than the product themselves.

I'd suspect that if cannabis was legalised by the government, public opinion on it would also follow suit, of course there are allways going to be those against it and those for it regardless, but I reckon when it comes to thing's like this, where the majority havn't had the chance to try things out for themselves, they just go along with it to avoid breaking the law.

I havn't touched anything other than cannabis, and don't intend to in the near future either. and thanks poopipe for explaining, I think you did a better job than I did.

Maybe i'm wrong but he sounds like a retard. Extacy is a drug which anyone unknowninly (sp?) can be illergic to and cause almost instant death (i think). Which is really a dumb idea, really.

Also most people who try a class a drug for the first time will just go nuts. They wouldn't actually be able to control their feelings as they aren't aware of it as to a common user.