Joe Baxter - Adamant

joe b

Think Yours Truely Deserves a BIG thanks for the filming :P

Loved watching it...Bails Haha! I didn't think that the song would work well when you sent it me over msn, Proved me wrong! Your ridings getting so much better on the adamant! Could really see you were pushing your self beyond the Limit (Y) Well done Pal!

That sidehop from the Blue Crate looks awesome, your really dialing your sidehops now! Really looking forward for TartyBikes 6! So far all your Tartybikes videos have been a great Success! So Keep that right up :)

See you soon (You Big Twat :P:lol:)

Cheers,

Mike. ;)

Edited by MikeHayes

Very good Joey Bollock, getting good now, eh, Joe?

Adamant is looking loads better than the T-Poo.

Editing was spot on, didn't think the intro was to long or slow.

Ride soon.

Stefan.

about 97253times better than your last one

Cheers, man. You all preferred slower, more chilled-out editing to fast flashy shit then?

Thanks for all the positive feedback people :) . Any more criticisms, though?

Think the next maybe a natural viddy, hmmm...

Cheers,

Joe.

Were we watching the same video? :blink: I felt as though the music went really well.

Yes, i watched the right vid. The quality of the audio aspect was aweful, there was clipping and distortion which you really shouldn't have if your going to use a heavier, faster song. Bumping up the bitrate of the audio for the vid would reduce the clipping and distortion so it didn't sound as bad.

Yes, i watched the right vid. The quality of the audio aspect was aweful, there was clipping and distortion which you really shouldn't have if your going to use a heavier, faster song. Bumping up the bitrate of the audio for the vid would reduce the clipping and distortion so it didn't sound as bad.

I can definately see where your coming from matey (Y) . But, just for next time... whats clipping and distortion? :S

Really inspired by all this feedback, people :) .

Cheers,

Joe.

I can definately see where your coming from matey (Y) . But, just for next time... whats clipping and distortion? :S

Cheers,

Joe.

No more picture because it turned into 3 pensioners having gay sex in a motel room

Thats how sound waves look if viewed on a measuring device, clipping occurs when the sound waves are amplified further than they can be replayed. As can be seen in the graph, the clipped waves have been stretched and hit the edge of the graph, moving along as a constant line which comes out your speakers as crackling or popping on the extreme end of notes. The clipping and general distortion was quite apparant during the symbol/high-hat smashing elements of the song. This can be avoided by trying to use good quality mp3's initially (not the smallest filesize ones off limewire etc), and also not using movie makers song volume slider to increase the songs volume.

As for the general distortion cause by low bitrate files... well, wikipedia explains it very well, its where i was pointed to when having it explained to me.

"MP3 files encoded with a lower bit rate will generally play back at a lower quality. With too low a bit rate, "compression artifacts" (i.e., sounds that were not present in the original recording) may be audible in the reproduction. A good demonstration of compression artifacts is provided by the sound of applause: it is hard to compress because of its randomness and sharp attacks. Therefore compression artifacts can be heard as ringing or pre-echo."

The compression artifacts they are on about can come in the forms of cracks, pops and hissing... and they are quite apparant in your video. You know how when you have low bitrate video files you see blocky edges round things and the image isn't as sharp or vibrant in colour, well its the same thing for audio really, you end up with blocky undefined sounds with added hissing and crackling. As you encode the video once its been edited setting the audio compression to 192/196kbps at a Constant Bit Rate should leave you with a video thats complemented by clearer audio.

Sorry its quite a read, but you seemed interested so i didn't think you'd mind too much. Hope it doesn't seem too negative, i thought the intro to the vid was great (might have faded into the riding clips rather than having them jump straight up after each sponsor, and kept the drop gap clip in black and white then switching it to colour as the music changed) but it was very good indeed. Nice and slow, making the viewer wait in anticipation of whats to come and giving the impression that this isn't just any old video that rushes into clips to cram as much riding into the song as you possibly can, it seems as though you want to viewer to stop and take notice of every little aspect of the footage, much like you would if you were trying to concentrate on a memory.

Edited by Krisboats

Sorry its quite a read, but you seemed interested so i didn't think you'd mind too much.

No, mate, i was intrigued :P ... And, thanks a lot for that!

And also not using movie makers song volume slider to increase the songs volume.

I edit using Premiere, hehe :turned: .

Thanks, again, Kris - worth the read!

Cheers,

Joe.

Awesome video mate, hope you enjoyed the t-pro you snapped :P

good video, good editing, good music, the hook on that sloped wall looked pretty big, same with the last gap, nice one

get another one out soon!

whats the song in it by the way?

Edited by Ewannnn

Awesome video mate, hope you enjoyed the t-pro you snapped :P

good video, good editing, good music, the hook on that sloped wall looked pretty big, same with the last gap, nice one

get another one out soon!

whats the song in it by the way?

Cheers, mate. The song is 'Placebo - Broken Promise' :) .

And, WHAT THE F**K is that picture doing in my topic :blink: ...

Cheers,

Joe.

B)-->

QUOTE(joe b @ May 24 2007, 10:54 PM)
Cheers, mate. The song is 'Placebo - Broken Promise' :) .

And, WHAT THE F**K is that picture doing in my topic :blink: ...

Cheers,

Joe.

Lmao Was going to say same thing but didnt want to affend you :P

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(joe b @ May 22 2007, 08:58 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I can definately see where your coming from matey (Y) . But, just for next time... whats clipping and distortion? :S

Cheers,

Joe.

Left: Amplified with clipping Right: Not amplified, no clipping

audio-recording-clipping.png

Thats how sound waves look if viewed on a measuring device, clipping occurs when the sound waves are amplified further than they can be replayed. As can be seen in the graph, the clipped waves have been stretched and hit the edge of the graph, moving along as a constant line which comes out your speakers as crackling or popping on the extreme end of notes. The clipping and general distortion was quite apparant during the symbol/high-hat smashing elements of the song. This can be avoided by trying to use good quality mp3's initially (not the smallest filesize ones off limewire etc), and also not using movie makers song volume slider to increase the songs volume.

As for the general distortion cause by low bitrate files... well, wikipedia explains it very well, its where i was pointed to when having it explained to me.

"MP3 files encoded with a lower bit rate will generally play back at a lower quality. With too low a bit rate, "compression artifacts" (i.e., sounds that were not present in the original recording) may be audible in the reproduction. A good demonstration of compression artifacts is provided by the sound of applause: it is hard to compress because of its randomness and sharp attacks. Therefore compression artifacts can be heard as ringing or pre-echo."

The compression artifacts they are on about can come in the forms of cracks, pops and hissing... and they are quite apparant in your video. You know how when you have low bitrate video files you see blocky edges round things and the image isn't as sharp or vibrant in colour, well its the same thing for audio really, you end up with blocky undefined sounds with added hissing and crackling. As you encode the video once its been edited setting the audio compression to 192/196kbps at a Constant Bit Rate should leave you with a video thats complemented by clearer audio.

Sorry its quite a read, but you seemed interested so i didn't think you'd mind too much. Hope it doesn't seem too negative, i thought the intro to the vid was great (might have faded into the riding clips rather than having them jump straight up after each sponsor, and kept the drop gap clip in black and white then switching it to colour as the music changed) but it was very good indeed. Nice and slow, making the viewer wait in anticipation of whats to come and giving the impression that this isn't just any old video that rushes into clips to cram as much riding into the song as you possibly can, it seems as though you want to viewer to stop and take notice of every little aspect of the footage, much like you would if you were trying to concentrate on a memory.

wtf is that picture doing on this forum o dear :blink: some people are starting to scare me

Edited by samo