Too Mainstream ?

CBProductions

Ok on my sad train journey home , I was thinking just how accesable trials is now and that how we have soo many videos , pictures and sites and companies popping up . I know this is a good thing because there are more people out there and more support for the sport.

But are we getting or going to become too mainstream ?

Discuss

xx

What is wrong with it becoming mainstream? Or do you just want it to be your special little club.

SSSSsssssh just SSSSssssssh......

I know what you mean, I did like it when there were just a few of us out and people pointed and laughed, becuase it was like OUR thing, you know?, it wasnt normal and was damm fun. Now whenever i go to hit any of my local spots theres a load of, Flankers, with T-birds, going "oh simpson this" and "oi bet you can do that bruv" it gets so tiresome..... ill link to other my other topic... My Topic "rant"

Recently trials in my area has exploded! and there are loads of young trials riders on the scene mostly riding t-birds and t-pro's which should be a super thing and ive always backed the expansion of trails into the mainstream.... but now its actually happened i hate it...

- There sheer ignorance really annoys me... there so rude and arrogant its just fustrates me sooo much! they just seem to be so destructive and disrespectful... like all of them were riding on this area of grass land, which was pointless because we were in a concrete area and i asked them not to ride on the grass becuase as it was slightly damp they were ripping up all the grass which was pointless and then they all turned on me like, "simpson you dont own the f**king grass" oh my god i was sooo angry and the local spot i ride with my friends is now swamped! somehow they always find out where were riding and come along and just get in the way!

i mean i know we all started somewhere but these kids are so scummy and annoying and just prefer to cause trouble by throwing mudd at cars when they get bored of riding and seem to enjoy getting police attention to f**k them off / look big! its just sooo fustrating! we ride with some newish riders in southend (sorry dont know all your names but nails crew) and there really alright and still great fun to ride with! just dont know why these kids are just f**ktards and i dont know what i should do.....

its got to be bad for the sport? or am i being a willy and being too sensible for once?

Also would you mind taking the myspace link out from under your avatar. just it makes your post all squeezed up to the left... if you dont want to i dont mind too much though :)

Yeah I'll sort that url out.

No I dont want it my special club you narrow minded special 'boy'.

If you had red the post properly and not had your little mad head on you will see that there is legitimate points in this thread. Im not a 110% rider but ive been around long enough to see how the community has changed. *feels old*

Hope this is taken the right way (anticipates a silly reply of said boy)

Hope this is taken the right way (anticipates a silly reply of said boy)

Boy? I'm older than you. Then again it does seem typical internet tactics to refer to someone you don't like as a child; regardless of whether they are or not.

My post was not serious, I did not intend for you to take it as such and it wasn't meant to be offensive. I meant that I couldn't think of why it being mainstream would be a bad thing; plenty of people want their sport to be more popular.

It will become like Emo culture if it becomes mainstream.

started out okay, now every 14 year old (male or female) looks exactly the same.

Taking this to trials, we'll look like we're only ridding to fit into the culture, not because it's a sport we love.

If that makes sense to anyone.

Taking this to trials, we'll look like we're only ridding to fit into the culture, not because it's a sport we love.

If that makes sense to anyone.

That makes perfect sense. I can imagine skateboarders feel like that.

(I use the term skaters as people who walk about with a board in thier hands around shopping centres for no reason)

we call them ramp monsters. they just sit there thinking about skating

trials chavs dont bother me because they'll never be anything worth knowng / watching

Boy? I'm older than you. Then again it does seem typical internet tactics to refer to someone you don't like as a child; regardless of whether they are or not.

My post was not serious, I did not intend for you to take it as such and it wasn't meant to be offensive. I meant that I couldn't think of why it being mainstream would be a bad thing; plenty of people want their sport to be more popular.

Oh im sorry I shall bow down before your infinite greatness. Doesnt mean every word that comes out of your type is useful information or help, If you had read my first post it says 'NOT THAT THIS IS A BAD THING'.

Oh another one of those I was kidding, couldnt you tell by the vast number of emotions that are passed throught the internet highway people to allow us to tell that those words you type are a joke or sarcasm.

Back to the topic what reverand was saying is a valid point I do think its going to be kind of linked in with fashion and what they see on the internet and in the streets now as we are hardly a small bunch with regular 20+ rides going on across the country.

Will it reach a stage where having a trials bike is as common as having a street or road bike or xc bike ?

Edited by CBProductions

Oh im sorry I shall bow down before your infinite greatness. Doesnt mean every word that comes out of your type is useful information or help

No, it just means it doesn't make sense to call me a boy.

I made an attempt to show that there was no offence meant, and to tell you that it wasn't serious, so why are you intent on being belligerent? You could have just let it go and continued with the thread instead of trying to start a flame war. Why not just leave it now?

To be fair, from reading just your posts alone i had you pegged as being around 15-16. Theres no way i'd thought of you as being 21, its actually quite shocking. I'm sure theres people who think the same of me on here at times, but your attitude does misrepresent your age.

More on topic... i think it'll be good to get it a bit more known... but not enough so that people go "oh, its another trials rider". I like it when people seem impressed and amazed by what we do, as it seems to genuinely interest them. I think if it became more mainstream that same spark might not be there, and i think trials as a sport is wholely about suprising people and leaving them in awe.

but your attitude does misrepresent your age

You mean you had a disagreement with me the other day and decided to take this opportunity to stick the boot in when you had someone to side with you? Because that's what it looks like.

Honestly, what's the point in this? I said there was no offence intended, I tried to just get on with the thread, but now it's just turned into an insult-Anjow session?

Edited by Anjow

You mean you had a disagreement with me the other day and decided to take this opportunity to stick the boot in when you had someone to side with you? Because that's what it looks like.

Honestly, what's the point in this? I said there was no offence intended, I tried to just get on with the thread, but now it's just turned into an insult-Anjow session?

:lol: I was actually referring to this:

do you just want it to be your special little club.

That in itself shows quite a naive and sarcastic attitude, the sort you'd expect from someone in highschool, but if you want to bring up the fact that the other day you jumped to the wrong conclusion and had a hissy fit threatening not to post on here anymore because you didn't like your misinterpreted answer then go right ahead. Can't imagine it would do much more than strengthen my point to be honest with you.

And it wasn't an "insult-Anjow session", i was letting you know the reasoning as to why he may have called you that. I wasn't just jumping at an opportunity to "stick the boot in when you had someone to side with you" (no-one siding with anyone ;), again another childish remark), if i wanted to make fun of you i'd be a keyboard warrior on my own, i don't need an e-buddy before i start.

Again, don't take this offensively, i'm just trying to let you know how it comes across and why someone might resort to calling you a boy.

I'll have a go at explaining that special little club comment, which in retrospect did seem pretty childish.

If I hear someone talk about things going mainstream, the thing I automatically think about is music going mainstream. In music fandom, people constantly moan about bands going mainstream, scene points are gained for liking something that isn't popular and the longer you've been into something the cooler you are.

Now, perhaps the following will help synchronise your perceptions of my age with how old I actually am:

Sorry for posting an ambiguous comment that could be interpreted as offensive, CBProductions.

Sorry for assuming it was related to the other day, Krisboats.

My opinion will be a little different cause I dont own a trials bike yet. I know if shit loads of people in my area did it, I probably wouldnt be that interested. It's not really a big thing here I dont think, I've only ever see 2 different people in my town on a trials bike and they werent locals. I've always knew what trials was, Just never appealed to me until now, When my bike arrives I'll probably just goto the hills at the back of my town and pratice / ride about, it something different to do and it looks like a lot of fun.

You'll notice my join date here is just before christmas 2005 - that's when I started considering getting a trials bike (even though I only ended up actually getting one in April 2007). Since then, whenever I've returned home from uni I have noticed a multitude of teens on them in my home town so it is certainly becoming at least a bit mainstream.

I must say i enjoyed trials more a couple of years back when there wer only a set few of us

Now there are loads and although most people like it, im not to keen

Dont know why to be honest just the way i see it and wished it had stayed