Echo Team(suspention) Maybe Repost

(chief)

Hi well i found this on biketrial.eu maybe a repost. Just wondering what you guys think of it?

in my opinion its is horible because you don't need suspension in trials you will just lose all your preload.

I also don't see how it can swing because there looks to be no pivot point in the frame and not to mention the extra added weight. (N)

if you where to have one would you run a soft or hard shock???

http://www.biketrial.eu/

chris

Edited by (chief)

doesnt look like alot of travel maybe 1/2" looks really cool though and seems to handle trials well by the look of it in the video, theres probably minimal extra weight if any aswell

Edited by gianttrials

yes but the topic was made in the same day, just like 10 hours before...

And all that means is when went on the site on the same day i didn't know that there was another topic about this as i said maybe a repost.

i just thought that i would post it up didn't expect some one saying that i copied the topic and basicaly having ago because i found some thing next time i might aswel not bother then?

i may be have a stupidity moment but could a shock or suspention point be reversed so that it would create more spring, like having a higher pressure and very high rebound??

lewis

Errrm maybe not to sure on things like that but it sure would be good get well higher and also would be good on natural for shunts ans things.

chris

i may be have a stupidity moment but could a shock or suspention point be reversed so that it would create more spring, like having a higher pressure and very high rebound??

lewis

There used to be a site (anyone help me here?) in Japan run by an ex american guy (Pat Morrow?) who mentioned the possibility that in the future he could see suspension being used like that to create a kind of wheeled pogo stick to help with static moves but I don't think he ever got round to it... It works in mototrials so it's not an impossible idea.

Dave

Edited by monkeyseemonkeydo

I don't feel that this video is a fair test really. He obviously has the shock at quite a high pressure/tension and he isn't preloading any extra to riding a normal bike to make the shock work. If he were preloading for longer and allowing the suspension to actually be used then this could be a revelation within the trials community.

if you look at the worlds best side hoppers you will notice how much they preload. Their tyres bottom out so they are nearly rimming on the floor, so if CLS or someone got hold of this, it would allow an even bigger explosion upwards due to the extra compression, allowing unthinkable side hop heights (In Theory).