Xtr V's -vs- Magura Hs33's

robb_o

just some black fibrax pads (the rubbers slotted into the standard XTR pad holders).

need to buy some new ones as they are badly worn.

this is what's got me thinking about Maguras.

ive heard koolstop are good pads?

what about the onza v-dapters that tarty bikes sell? then i could run magura pads?!

just some black fibrax pads (the rubbers slotted into the standard XTR pad holders).

need to buy some new ones as they are badly worn.

this is what's got me thinking about Maguras.

ive heard koolstop are good pads?

what about the onza v-dapters that tarty bikes sell? then i could run magura pads?!

koolstops suck...

What you need is Plazmatic CRV's and run a grind

Much much better then.

You could get some Heatsink vee backings and get some joy pads (phat pads) that setup would be amazing.

Also get some decent cable (linear slick cable) this will take all the spongyness away.

http://www.heatsinkbikes.com/?p=brakepads go on there and scroll down to the vee backings

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=10005 theres the Plazmatic CRV's.

Edited by Grant H

I vote for leave them. You can set them up to work just as well (although Ive found it harder to set V's up well)

as grant says get some heatsink pads maybe even some V coust pads? and a grind and it'll work beasty. Use the search to find out other people's V brake setups

you should ditch the xtrs, but not get a magura...they suck

some deore/sd7 arms would work far better than the shoddy parallel push system that the xtr uses, if you can stretch to some avid ultimate arms, then even better! they really are worth every penny, and as said before, linear slick cable does wonders!

pad choice, well, crvs and spanish flies are very good pads, cept for when they get wet....coust material in heatsink v backings is my favorite though, but with heatsink backings, you can put any magura pad material in it :) dont bother with v daptors, they are gash

XTR 4tw everytime, so much better, just get petter pads, maybe cables too. with a plaz on 1 side an reds or something similar the other side (hans rey set up i do believe)

B

Edited by gianttrials

don't suppose anyone has a pair of the heatsink backings they are willing to sell?

£19 is a bit much (N)

Trust me, put those on your XTR vee and they will be awsome! i mean whats £19 when u were considering changin to a magura?

But like Paul has said, try and get hold of some SD7 or dewhore arms, they will be much better than your XTRs, due to not having all the linkages.

I run a set of avid ultimate on the rear and the they realy are incredible!

Adam

Yes replace the sd7's with hs33's just mainly because hs33 are traditional trial brakes and to me they are more comfortable and reliable but its up to you use what ever you feel more comfortable with good luck on making your mind up.

Edited by onza wanabe

more hold, lighter lever veel, more adjustable, pads last longer, quieter, spair parts can be bought in any bike shope all over the wolrd, pads can be replaced easier and quicker.

and...

no hoses to split <_<

more hold, lighter lever veel, more adjustable, pads last longer, quieter, spair parts can be bought in any bike shop all over the world, pads can be replaced easier and quicker.

I was kind of getting at, why do they have more hold? and if they do for example if your using v-daptors with maggie pads, why would they last longer? But yeh I do agree with the rest.

and...

no hoses to split dry.gif

Oh yeh and no wires to snap????

Edited by afroman

alright well i'm definately gonna get the odyssey cable for my rear brake asap.

i'm still umming and ahhing about the brake pads...

but basically you lot have succeeded in putting me off the idea of maggys (saving me a lot of moneys) :lol: