New 4x Frame - Simtra Bnb

tank_rider

Well I've just got my my new frame for my 4X bike so i thought i'd post it up.

simtra2web.JPG

Simtra bnb frame

Maz dropoff forks (2005 130mm travel)

Sun Singletrack rims on Hope hubs (ProII front, XC rear)

Hone cranks with e.thirteen sts guide

Hayes HFX9 rear and deore hydro front brakes (both with 203 rotors)

Easton Vice stem and RF Diablos bars

SRAM attack shifter, tiagra mech, roadie casette and KMC X9 chain

brand x post and carbon bodied, ti railed saddle

Wellgo flatties

minion front and el gato rear tyres

Pretty much finished now, just needs a set of single ply minions and some new forks, probably RS Pikeys. The frames available through the simtrabikes uk website, which is part of everyones favourite trials shop beginning with T ;)

Only ridden it at the dj ride soo far, but will be giving it a thrash around chicksands soon. Imagine it will be good though as the steerings pretty quick considering the 130mm fork and its got a nice tight back end.

Nice build... Might want to try lowering the fork a bit. This frame was designed for a 4'' Max fork.

Thats my intention when i get the Pikes, run them at 100mm for 4X and bump them up to 130 for freeride etc.

May well be riding it on the london -> brighton ride this sun too, still need to get to chicksands, but my ankles still not healed properly :@

• 3 weeks later...

Well the inevitable happened and i spent yet more money on my bike, and so it now has a shiney set of rock shox pike 426 coils and lovely they are too :)

Running them at 120mm travel as thats made the handling even faster and will try them at 100 at the NPS 4X at the weekend. Really love em, soo much nicer ride than the old dropoffs, more sensitive and quicker damping :) Soo stiff even compared to the bolt through dropoffs.

Sorry about the shitty camera phone quality pics

0607071web.jpg

0607072web.jpg

That bike is absolutely mint. The only thing that lets it down for me is the tyres, they have retro sidewalls.

And there the last thing for me to sort out, will have a pair of single ply minions on as soon as i can afford them after france.

And there the last thing for me to sort out, will have a pair of single ply minions on as soon as i can afford them after france.

Sounds like your trying to build the ultimate spec 4X bike to me. Looks really nice, I'd want one but I don't live near enough to a 4X track to justify having one, I going down to Chicksand this summer to visit my uncle so I'll take the Scott and have a play.