Think Time.

Fishy

It's only really just occured to me that I've almost finished school and have no idea what I want to do after college. Kind of need some advice of you guys.

I've applied 2 colleges, one being close and convinient, but all wankers are going there. The other a bit further away, but mates going there and generally better. I'm not sure which out to the 2 to be honest.

But I've got a thing at the back of my head telling me that college isn't the way forward.

I've been thinking about going into the Royal Marines for quite a while, and if i did go through college I predict I'll still go into the RM.

But, if I didn't get into the RM I'd be royally f**ked. As I would be jobless, collegeless and everything else.

What would you do in my shoes?

I would go into an apprenticeship of some kind, but it's the fact I'm absolutely useless at mechanics, other than fixing my bike to be honest.

And sheehan, I'm not overly bothered about loosing my mates, so it means I can go anywhere, but I really have no idea...

Edited by Joe Rothwell

I would go into an apprenticeship of some kind, but it's the fact I'm absolutely useless at mechanics, other than fixing my bike to be honest.

And sheehan, I'm not overly bothered about loosing my mates, so it means I can go anywhere, but I really have no idea...

Then you need to think what you want to do, as a job. I wouldnt really want to go into the marines, as it wont really do anything in the future for you, especially if you dont get in.

im in the same situation, starting my second year at sixth form.

i havent a clue what i want to do when i leave! ive being about going into the RAF, for some time.

seems the better option, and theres loads of bonuses for joining as well.

but at the end of the day its down to you........

Go to college you tool :P

Ill now justify.

1) Gives you time to get your fitness up to the mentally hard levels that they want.

2) Puts some more time inbetween your broken leg and your application.

3) Means you may go in as an officer which is daaaaaamn good.

4) You'll have A levels behind you if you dont like the marines, and even if you do they still look good. Its not like you'll be a marine for ever, you have to think about afterward.

Love you x

There is quite alot of difference between being an officer in the Marines or just a squaddie. I'm kind of n the same situation, im about to take my final a-levels and i hope to join the marines in a few months but the rents would rather i go to college or uni first.

I think you've got to be dead set on getting in the marines if you're going to go for it. Its really damn tough to get in, at times you are going to feel like quitting, if you've got a backup plan, like college, you might take the easy way out. :turned:

If its between officer or squaddie, Lympstone commando do a 'Potential Officers Insight Course' or something that i did last July, its basically the Potential Officers Course with al the same tests and gym tests etc but just a mock up so you can get a feel for it. You also get to go parachuting! Woop! Might be worth doing either way!