New Inspired Forks Now Available.

John Shrewsbury

Right...really not trying to start an argument or stirring or anything...purely curious...

How are they worth £64 more than urbans when the weight is 100g more? Surely the urban fork is strong enough for Street?

Seems just like the Koxx forxx when compared to urbans; heavier and more expensive?

Again only questions...so if anyone wants to field valid answers that'd be ace :)

Urbans are appalling strength wise! These are made from a more expensive alloy and have a higher quality of design and manufacture. If these are as strong as Trialtechs then they will outlast urbans by a factor of 3 or 4, so are a bargain at less than twice the price.

I would be interested to know a bit more about the design and where the extra weight is. Obviously the steerer design is very similar to Trialtechs, is the extra weight mainly in the leg thickness? I'd be very tempted to get a set for my stock as I think they look awesome, but I prefer the geo of Trialtechs. Don't really get why they have such a low rake, but I guess they will make most pure trials bike a little more streety.

These forks are well worth the money, the are super strong, super sexy and just amazing!

I have ridden these forks on a few bikes now, and the are they by far the best fork i have ever fealt, i have a pair for my inspired, just not got round to fitting them!

Kenny

Edited by mr kenny

Ive bn running these forks for nearly 1 year and 4 months now, and they hav taken alot of hits.

I wud compair them to a bmx or dirt jump fork that there that strong.

When i first had them, yeh they felt abit more heavyer then a normal aluminium fork or steel pashley fork, but after running them for such along time u get used to them.

10/10 for strenght longterm compaired to other forks.

I think £149 for a set of rigid forks is pretty damn expensive, what makes these better than Trialtech forks? Saying that I've got Urbans on both my bikes and i do find them flexier than the echo control forks i had before.

You say it's expensive, yet people are happy to repeatedly spend £80-ish on Deng forks which aren't as strong, and break faster? Yes in the very short term it's more expensive, but in the long term it really isn't. If you'd got these forks instead of your Controls you'd still be running them now, and wouldn't have had to get a new set of forks.

In terms of comparing the Inspireds to TT, the Inspireds are stiffer and stronger. They're more for street riders who just want a super strong set of forks, whereas the TT forks cater for those who don't want a super heavy fork, but still want something pretty strong.

Photos don't do these forks justice though, the look of the legs and dropouts is amazing in the flesh. In white they're amazing!

If you'd got these forks instead of your Controls you'd still be running them now, and wouldn't have had to get a new set of forks.

In terms of comparing the Inspireds to TT, the Inspireds are stiffer and stronger. They're more for street riders who just want a super strong set of forks, whereas the TT forks cater for those who don't want a super heavy fork, but still want something pretty strong.

Photos don't do these forks justice though, the look of the legs and dropouts is amazing in the flesh. In white they're amazing!

Well my Controls lasted the best part of two years, finally snapping at the disc mount. I guess its what some people see as a reasonable compromise between weight, strength and price.

Interesting how there's not a vee brake option, when vee brakes users and street riders are pretty much the same group of people :P

Sort of.

It's decided on the percentage split for people who go for rim brakes and the people who go for disc only. There are far, far more people who go disc only rather than rim brakes of any kind, so it just doesn't really make sense. They're not cheap to manufacture so I'd imagine Dave's probably wanting to make sure that he doesn't end up with a whole batch of V-brake forks sitting around after all 4 people in the world who run a V on the front of their 24 get themselves a set...

It's decided on the percentage split for people who go for rim brakes and the people who go for disc only. There are far, far more people who go disc only rather than rim brakes of any kind, so it just doesn't really make sense. They're not cheap to manufacture so I'd imagine Dave's probably wanting to make sure that he doesn't end up with a whole batch of V-brake forks sitting around after all 4 people in the world who run a V on the front of their 24 get themselves a set...

Yes, but there are plenty of people who would switch to a front vee if they made forks. Why make some with maggie mounts and not vees?