Addingham And Matlock Photos

AdamR28

Few from Matlock last weekend. Sunny weather!

Big tricky tap (photo doesn't do it justice)

mstan1.jpg

Gap up from the rock on the right

mstan2.jpg

Random snap at 180mm focal length.

mstan3.jpg

Dropgap (photo again doesn't do it justice)

mstan4.jpg

And some from a rather grey Addingham Moorside yesterday:

Gap up to front

stan1.jpg

Sidehop setup

stan2.jpg

And landing

stan3.jpg

Preload...

stan4.jpg

And landing

stan5.jpg

Sidehop to rear from a rock out of shot (big)

stan6.jpg

Batman on VERY small pointy rock

stan7.jpg

Checking out the gap

adam1.jpg

Preload

adam2.jpg

Landing

adam3.jpg

Mid-gap

adam4.jpg

Cheers to Stan for the photos of me :)

Ads

nice photos! loving the bikes too.

is that a compression top i spy ad? any good?

Cheers dude :)

I worked on this product at uni (that exact garment in the video actually!) so knew the idea was sound, but wasn't sure how it would translate to something less cardiovascular based like trials. Anyway, it's a 2XU one, find it really really good, mainly for thermal regulation though in trials. Ride with it all the time now (since it's been so cold recently), very comfortable. Ridden XC in it a few times too, mega awesome for that. I'm pretty sure it has helped me with recovery too, used to be quite stiff the day after a long ride but not recently.

Cheers dude :)

I worked on this product at uni (that exact garment in the video actually!) so knew the idea was sound, but wasn't sure how it would translate to something less cardiovascular based like trials. Anyway, it's a 2XU one, find it really really good, mainly for thermal regulation though in trials. Ride with it all the time now (since it's been so cold recently), very comfortable. Ridden XC in it a few times too, mega awesome for that. I'm pretty sure it has helped me with recovery too, used to be quite stiff the day after a long ride but not recently.

cool, might have to invest in one if i'm doing all the comps this year. that luff blokey really told duncan bannetine where to go, fantastic :D

I woudln't mind checking out either of those spots.

What's a batman? I remember there being a list of tartybikes names for particular tricks, that included batman and wodge, but I don't know where to look for it now :P

Batman is where you hang off something with your front wheel and the back brake off then spring up to rear. Wodge is the opposite of wedge, where your on a small object that pushing your wheels apart. Again same principle as batman, so you leave back brake off and front on, then spring up to rear. :)

Last 2 pics are out of focus. ;)

Probably cos I took them :(:P

Edited by Stan Shaw

Last 2 pics are out of focus. ;)

Nah, the last one is perfectly crisp, 2nd to last one a little soft but certainly not out of focus (click for 100% crop, they have been stretched to fit the forum).

post-5427-126570500673_thumb.jpg

post-5427-126570501106_thumb.jpg

Cheers for the comments anyway guys, appreciated, glad you like the photos!

Does anyone know if Addingham is now officially open to practice on pushbikes, as I believe a couple of years ago there was an issue with people riding there?

Good pics by the way, 2nd to last pic looks hard!

Yes you are officially allowed to ride biketrials there. Some agreement was made that Barbara Wright sorted from what I can remember, although you still have to pay the farmer a few quid if he comes around in his milk float.

Good pics there Adam, I miss a bit of Addingham.

Yes you are officially allowed to ride biketrials there. Some agreement was made that Barbara Wright sorted from what I can remember, although you still have to pay the farmer a few quid if he comes around in his milk float.

Good pics there Adam, I miss a bit of Addingham.

You rode much lately Phil?

Will have to sort a ride out :) Maybe Bootle one night or something.