Butlertrials.co.uk

danny B

Just started work on the new site and a full new look for 2010.

The new site has 2 sides to it the main ButlerTrials for news on me and the comps, and then the all new EMS side of things for the shows

Me, Ben and Ash have all been working very hard on the show front in the last 12 months so this is the new area to help it more on its way.

remember its still a work in progess

comments thanks

DannyB

Hmmm, call me being picky, but there is one thing I always notice about self promotion websites, that is the writing tense.

I will assume you update this website - so why is it written in the 3rd person (Danny says...)? I think it'd be much more interesting if it were made a personal extention of yourself, and not something like looks like it's ripped from MBUK magazine.

Same to say with the 'Contact Us' tab, it's not a business.

Secondly, to comment on the pictures page;

I think the format of 'click, view, back, click, view, back' is veeeery annoying, especially when you eventually get more images on the site.

Have you considered a slide show/'Previous/Next' format? Of couse, you can stick with the thumbnails of the images for reference, but personally I'd be put off looking through the photos as it's a lot of effort.

Other than that, I like :)

Hmmm, call me being picky, but there is one thing I always notice about self promotion websites, that is the writing tense.

I will assume you update this website - so why is it written in the 3rd person (Danny says...)? I think it'd be much more interesting if it were made a personal extention of yourself, and not something like looks like it's ripped from MBUK magazine.

Same to say with the 'Contact Us' tab, it's not a business.

Secondly, to comment on the pictures page;

I think the format of 'click, view, back, click, view, back' is veeeery annoying, especially when you eventually get more images on the site.

Have you considered a slide show/'Previous/Next' format? Of couse, you can stick with the thumbnails of the images for reference, but personally I'd be put off looking through the photos as it's a lot of effort.

Other than that, I like :)

Many thanks for liking as that makes me happy, i say this as its me not Danny that works on the site and this is why it reads Danny says, hope that clears that up fo you thanks.

also on the side show bit sorry i dont know how to with that at this time but will look into it if it helps.

as our site is built by Angelsix and them we just get windows to update news info, so we are trying and learning

many thanks

Dave Butler

Many thanks for liking as that makes me happy, i say this as its me not Danny that works on the site and this is why it reads Danny says, hope that clears that up fo you thanks.

also on the side show bit sorry i dont know how to with that at this time but will look into it if it helps.

as our site is built by Angelsix and them we just get windows to update news info, so we are trying and learning

many thanks

Dave Butler

Ahh, I see. It wasn't so much of a complaint as it was constructive critisism :) Glad you understand.

There are plenty of people on the forum who build sites and understand all that slide show business; I'm sure they won't mind offering a hand.

Good luck with it all!

• 3 months later...