Htc Advice Needed

Dwarf Shortage

Picked up an Android phone a year ago and it just felt shoddy, stuff didn't work and it was pretty slow, so I've shied away from pretty much anything Android-related since, but I had a go on my mate's Wildfire last night and it seemed pretty good, good enough to tempt me away from an iPhone anyway, so I'm gonna go HTC with my next phone. Liking the look of the Desire, but mainly after people's experiences with any HTC phone, go!

Don't bother..I've just destroyed my fourth, the first two had software problems and completely shut down on me without letting me do anything, the third the screen unexplainedly stopped working and now this one has smashed its screen when i dropped it into a pocket on a golf bag with a set of keys with it. Certainly not the most reliable phones about. Also had continuous lag on the screen and often the internet would just pack up...that was if could actually turn on the 3g connection.

Go for an Iphone... wish I had

James

Don't bother..I've just destroyed my fourth, the first two had software problems and completely shut down on me without letting me do anything, the third the screen unexplainedly stopped working and now this one has smashed its screen when i dropped it into a pocket on a golf bag with a set of keys with it. Certainly not the most reliable phones about. Also had continuous lag on the screen and often the internet would just pack up...that was if could actually turn on the 3g connection.

James

That sucks, was it the wildfire you had? I'm on my second Desire, I think someone ran over the first and the only the screen was slightly damaged. :(

I've had no real problems with them and Android seems to be developing well. The Desire is a powerful tool.

My current one still works fine despite me dropping it on the ground. I can definitely recommend it.

Only thing is, I don't think the Desire is getting the most recent version of android because apparently it can't handle it! Anyone have more info on this?

Don't rule out the Samsung Galaxy S if you are wanting a top of the range Android system. When I was looking on eBay the desire was only around £10-£20 cheaper but the Samsung galaxy S has quite alot more features like an awesome AMOLED screen, bigger screen and faster operating speed.

James

Like Pete I've had pretty much the opposite experience to this. On my 2nd Android powered HTC and I'll be replacing it with another when the time comes. I know for a fact I'd have smashed MANY I-phones in the time I've had them. I abuse the crap out of my phones, and although both have had cracked screens after being dropped onto concrete both have carried on working fine since. Only issue I've had is reading the SD card, my current desire won't ever since one particularly hard hit, and my old G1 did the same, again after being hit hard though. I dropped my desire down a set of steel stairs not long ago, it bounced down over 1 story worth of steps before hitting the concrete floor. Put the battery back in and it was like nothing had happened.

So yeah, I'd recommend them for sure. If you liked a wildfire then a desire/anything equivalent or better will seem awesome to you.