Trials Legends T-Shirt Concept In Partnership With Tartybikes

StuntMan_Stan

Riders,

Take a look at the following T-shirt concept. The concept is my design. Adam from Tartybikes likes the concept and wants to see feedback from the trials community regarding if it will be a viable product for Tartybikes. Please show you interest and leave constructive feedback below.

I do not want this to turn into a topic debating the abilities of the various riders included and not included. Pricing information and colours are dependant on interest.

I hope you enjoy the concept and if you don't recognise any of the names you do a bit of research on some of Biketrials and Moto Trials all time great riders.

John Evans

post-1492-0-00113800-1316099301_thumb.jp

post-1492-0-49912800-1316099313_thumb.jp

Not sure if I "get" it. :turned: why call it a concept when it's a design? Unless it's a new type of t-shirt that you have invented? Why are some names in bold?

I personally don't want a t-shirt with just a list of names on it, seems quite a lazy way of "designing" a shirt especially if you are just using quite common fonts.

• Like 3

From a design point of view it is horrendous. In terms of the concept - that's your choice, but it doesn't appeal to me at all.

Invest some time in finding a graphic designer who has a decent knowledge of typography so that they can put together a t-shirt that is considerably more aesthetically pleasing, and not so offensive.

It's not like there is much needed to be done, but in it's current form it is very vulgar.

I don't know why people are getting hung up on the individuality of the typeface and who created it - hardly any design jobs use entirely bespoke typefaces. The biggest brands in the world use commercially available type. It's how it's used that is important, and the type you choose in the first place to start the job.

The issue with it, is that it's a bullshit, ugly face.

this seems like a typical trials shirt, they always seem to be nothing but writing,

i reckon if you want to be designing a new style shirt to attract attention. it should have an image of a rider on the front with some kind of amazing backshot of a town in black and white in the background, with solely the rider in colour. image should also fade out towards the edges into the material. with the front half of the shirt on white material and the back half black with the brand as tartbikes or whatever it need be.

i know this is not really advise and do not mean to criticise your design but if i was in your position i would want to change the way trials are even seen in possible fashion hope im helpful and not just rude

If your going to include moto trials riders, they must have a tone of achievements you can list on the back. EG could have

Dougie Lampkin

6 time british champ

and 18 time world champ.

in a career lasting 15 years

in accusation with(insert sponsors's logo here)

Hard to do with out paint like

Um, can't say I'd be interested in buying or wearing one, but I'd imagine there are a few guys who would love to wear such a thing.

I wonder if the youngsters (12 - 15 year olds) would like the concept, they seem to be a good market for this sort of thing. However, if you are gonna aim it at them, then I'd suggest the names are changed to be a bit more relevent to the times.

Or you could go for the ageing trialsrider market, for which the names are all good.

For both though, I;d suggest a reworking of the type faces. I notice the trials bit is in the old font used by BTM. Keep it all that font maybe?

Why would you want to wear a T-shirt with a lot of other people names on it? I would never wear it. The riding graphics currently on Tartys shirts are soooo much better. If i was to have any name put on my shirt then it would be my name.

I think its a really really really bad idea. I cant see people wearing them, least of all me or my riding friends. If i did see someone wearing one i would think 'what a helmet, if only you knew what you look like'

Its worth noting that me and my riding lot are all aged 20 to 24. Maybe the young kids may like a good riders name on the shirt like the young football kids might wear a 'Rooney' shirt. You never see older kids or adults wearing football shirts with other people name on it and certainly not with loads of names on it. I think its just weird.

Sorry i think the whole concept is just wrong.

Edited by sundance