Echo Urban Pedal Axis Broken..

jo_jacek

yes, my leg is ok, thanks :D

I think that Echo parts aren't too solid.. I'm going to change echo parts on trialtech, tryall etc.. :P that's my second pedals in this year, my frined broke stem and cassette and more more others.. In my opinion Echo have good frames and forks ;)

whats 30 grams over an extra 18 months of life ?

But your comparing your pedals to his. Not taking into account riders weight, power, riding style, amount of time riding, blah blah. you cant simply say a product is shit because someone broke it in a relatively short period of time.

Especially with the small batches that trials products are made in, your going to expect manufacturing defects, ect.

But your comparing your pedals to his. Not taking into account riders weight, power, riding style, amount of time riding, blah blah. you cant simply say a product is shit because someone broke it in a relatively short period of time.

Especially with the small batches that trials products are made in, your going to expect manufacturing defects, ect.

i knew you where going to pull this card but i am admittedly a 'tgs basher' and im over 14 stone many parts dont last me long but all the trialtech stuff iv had has served me very well, all im saying is echo's gone abit shit from what it used to be thats all

i knew you where going to pull this card but i am admittedly a 'tgs basher' and im over 14 stone many parts dont last me long but all the trialtech stuff iv had has served me very well, all im saying is echo's gone abit shit from what it used to be thats all

Cant disagree with you more :P

Only freewheel worth having.... echo...

Hubs, rims....

And how many people are riding echo lites/trial/pure? Its all that i see :D

Cant disagree with you more :P

Only freewheel worth having.... echo...

Hubs, rims....

And how many people are riding echo lites/trial/pure? Its all that i see :D

yeah i suppose im with you there the freewheels+hubs are pretty good, as for the frames i cant really say iv not had an echo frame since 2007 but the forks are pretty diabolical thesedays aswell :\

Echo has grate parts for its prices.. pure frame, cranks, hubs, headsets, urban forks and specially freehweels..

About try-all cage pedals, i had the first gen single cage for ~5 months tops, then had echo SL for few months and now have the new gen try-all's and their holding on pretty well, almost a year now.

AND echo should make some comp-geo(+70,1090,etc) frames.. oh id buy boxes full of them :P

I like my pure the way it is ;)

As do 75% of other stock riders :P Haha.

I loved my Lite, too. The new Echo range really is lovely - but I wish he still maintained that "fit for bashers" attitude he used to have.

I'm by no means a hater of light bikes - don't get me wrong.

I'd just prefer it if a frame costing £300 lasted a little longer, especially when the brand's reputation is one of sturdy parts.

Rather have it slightly heavier but much stronger.

Geometries are awesome though.

Edit: I think I've just said the same thing in three different ways in one post :/

Never mind.

Edited by aener

Echo has grate parts for its prices.. pure frame, cranks, hubs, headsets, urban forks and specially freehweels..

About try-all cage pedals, i had the first gen single cage for ~5 months tops, then had echo SL for few months and now have the new gen try-all's and their holding on pretty well, almost a year now.

AND echo should make some comp-geo(+70,1090,etc) frames.. oh id buy boxes full of them :P

Don't agree about that geo being referred to as "comp geo". Some people ride comps really well with that geo for sure, but a lot of riders also like to ride comp on other geo too. There is no set frame geo for comp riding.