Back Wheeling 23" Zaskar

Funface

Nice. I love seeing all these old school pictures - good times!

EDIT: I've probably posted this one before, but thought I'd add it in here. Taken in about 1997/1998 if I remember rightly. That's a 22" seat tube by the way, but I couldn't backwheel it up a wall higher than about 12". Didn't make that breakthrough til I upgraded to a 14" GT Tequesta.

EDIT 2: If you look closely, you'll also see that I wasn't using my brakes, way before it was fashionable.

med_gallery_869_926_178182.jpg

Edited by Ben Swales
  • Like 2

Impressive going on a big steed. Makes me think of a pic i saw in an old MBUK magazine of a rider sidehopping over a tennis court net on a full sus Kona DH bike. Think it was a poster/calander giveway of riders photos on one side and a calander on the other side.

Thanks for the replies. Good times indeed Ben :dance: and nice old school pic. MBUK was my bible back then. The thing is that the GT was a very light frame at the time about 3.2lb for 17" with long stem and riser bars so it was just about getting your arse behind the seat to get it up the big stuff. If you got some old school pics post them so we can have a good reminise.

It's a cool pic and all, and gets me reminiscing about doing similar, and I've tried to put this comment off because it's probably a bit unfair. BUT it definitely doesn't look like that first picture resulted in anything other than a fail....

Nice pic Alex excellent style (Y) @ JD yer it does look like it was a fail probley about 2 or 3" to low but the pic was taken soo long ago I cant remember. Unfortunately thats the only pic of me back wheeling the GT : I could make it though ..

• Like 1