Trialtech 19" rear rim pad combination ?

dave33

I'm using the trialtech 19" rear rim and can't seem to get a brake as good as I would like. Just wondering if any one has found a good pad to use with this rim as I have tried a couple and not alot of success.

I struggled greatly with getting a good brake setup on my 20" Trialtech SL rim, Heatsink Cousts are what I am using now and they are the only pads I have used on it which have been acceptable (Not only are they acceptable, but very, very good). What pads are you using at the minute Dave? The Trialtech rims also seem to require a sharper/deeper/whatever grind than normal, but I might be wrong.

The trialtech is the same material as the very shite onza diamond pro.

Replace the rim to a Try-All hOle and dont look back dave!!

However. On my Onza rim I found TNN adms preformed the best out off the numerous sets I tried.

Ok thanks I will try some, just thought that trialtech seemed to work good for me on soft rims in the past.

I think I will get a new rim soon

Really odd! What frame were you running it on?

And in what way were they bad? No sound, no bite, no hold, inconsistent etc?

Yeah, erm it was on my Trialtech Sport forks. Even with the pads sanded (which makes all TNNs worse imo) I wasn't getting much of a sound, not to mention a severe lack of bite and poor hold :S

Yeah, erm it was on my Trialtech Sport forks. Even with the pads sanded (which makes all TNNs worse imo) I wasn't getting much of a sound, not to mention a severe lack of bite and poor hold :S

Ah! I'm running mine on the rear. I seem to remember using ZOO! pads on a trialtech front rim was awful too. Maybe it's a bad batch?

Regarding lgms they work really good on the front trialtech rim on the same bike but shit on rear

hopefully you´ll get on with the pads i sent you,theres 4 compounds in there...didnt try them on the front though,but on the rear on my coworkers mtb he made skids unintentionally lol

hopefully you´ll get on with the pads i sent you,theres 4 compounds in there...didnt try them on the front though,but on the rear on my coworkers mtb he made skids unintentionally lol

Yes I will try them on this rim first, if they work on that then they should work on any ha