Best hs33 pads and 24 tyres for wet/muddy conditions

Slowro

15 hours ago, BJ. said:

French Coust Pads or TriLite CNC backed green pads. 

Maxxis Swampthing super tacky if you can get hold of one. If not probably a Schwalbe Fat Albert 

Only problem with the Schwalbe compound is it's a bit plasticky - I'd defo try get hold of a Swampthing or if not a Highroller? Just make sure you get the 40a compound, although again that's easier said than done:/

Schwalbes are awful for trials. Plasticky is the perfect word to describe them! Definitely not a winter tyre, I had more faith in my Holly Roller when I ran that on the rear briefly.

Id definitely try hunt down a Swampthing or High Roller. My 40a High Roller had next to no tread left and still gripped like shit to a blanket in the wet. 
Rode Shipley Glen in all weathers and it was predictable which instilled confidence. 

Pad wise, I've never been able to fault TNN ADM's. Again, rode wet weather natural with lots of mud, grass, grit etc.. any pad is going to suffer in those circumstances but I knew what the brake would and wouldnt do. Just ride within the limits. 

The 40A compound really is good. It was actually better as a near slick tyre as it never picked up any mud so always gave brilliant tyre to ground contact. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Slowro said:

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'm starting back at square one after a long long long time away. 

i keep thinking I should have bought a 26" but I'm having fun anyway

Began with a 24'' Marino street, went over to various 24'' pure trials, got a 26'' pure trial and now am back to a 24'' Inspired street trial. :D

• Like 1

On 11/14/2016 at 8:20 PM, SamKidney said:

Schwalbes are awful for trials. Plasticky is the perfect word to describe them! Definitely not a winter tyre, I had more faith in my Holly Roller when I ran that on the rear briefly.

Id definitely try hunt down a Swampthing or High Roller. My 40a High Roller had next to no tread left and still gripped like shit to a blanket in the wet. 
Rode Shipley Glen in all weathers and it was predictable which instilled confidence. 

Pad wise, I've never been able to fault TNN ADM's. Again, rode wet weather natural with lots of mud, grass, grit etc.. any pad is going to suffer in those circumstances but I knew what the brake would and wouldnt do. Just ride within the limits. 

The 40A compound really is good. It was actually better as a near slick tyre as it never picked up any mud so always gave brilliant tyre to ground contact. 

Exactly my set up hahahahaha TNNs and a highroller ;)