Manuals on mod?

Scoox

I ride a mod and would like to learn to manual. Been riding for a few years now and I can pull fairly decent gaps, taps, bunnyhops, blah blah but manuals... it's become kind of like a holy grail. Ali C et all—and pretty much everyone I've seen riding an Inspired bike—seems to be good at manuals, but I can't find any mod manual videos. Are street bikes generally easier to manual, or am I the problem? If you have any youtube links please share them here, cheers!

Edited by Scoox

15 minutes ago, Scoox said:

I'll crank up the PSI before tomorrow's ride. For pure trials riding manuals probably aren't particularly useful, but they look sick.

if you learn how to do them on something thats a little bit easier, its a real help, i can manual my 26" compy bike completely fine, but the amount of corrections i have to do in comparison to something smooth and a nicer geometry shows that trying to learn it in the first place would be near impossible on this setup. psi up, bars back a smidge (although, if you can bunnyhop, then it should be fine) and find some parking lot spaces to practice in. learn how to jump off it when it loops out first, thats the key i think

2 hours ago, Scoox said:

Flat vs slight downward slope, what's the word? 

Flat for practice, downward slope for world record lenght ;)

I'd also suggest it might be easier to learn them on a BMX, street or dirt jump bike and then transfer the learned techniques to your mod bike, but that's just if you want REALLY dialled manuals.

For the time being I'm sticking to mod, mainly because my flat is tiny and I'd have nowhere to put another bike. Although I've been toying with the idea of getting an Inspired, after watching Ali C and Duncan's vids, those bikes really seem like a lot of fun

• 2 weeks later...