Which Freewheel ?

315r

which freewheel?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. which freewheel?

• Echo SL
    • Tensile 96 Click
    • Rear Chris King (used but in good conditions)
    • ENO
    • Monty
    • Try-all 108.9
    • Worldcat.
    • Others (if this, said which one)

Hello.

My freewheel try-all 108.9 start to do strange noises and gaps after a year of soft riddings. :lol:

I'm thinking seriously to change for other.

Which do you recommend me? I have been reading that Echo SL is to much good than Try-all and the noise is fine to.

I have another option that is a second hand Chris King rear hub although nowadays I'm quite happy with my rear try-all "H" hub and front freewheel.

Options and comments please.

Edited by 315r

if your still looking then i would have a look at a White Industries ENO Trials freewheel thers one on ebay that you will probally get quite cheap.

LINK http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/White-Industries-ENO-Free-wheel-18-tooth-TRIALS_W0QQitemZ250614940272QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Bikes_GL?hash=item3a59d08270

Should probably keep that lockring tight ;)

QFT.

Been running an ENO for nearly 3 years now. I've serviced it once or twice in that time and never had a problem. The only reason I have got an Echo SL is for my 26" GU. Can't fault either freewheels. Both solid with reliable, quality engagement.

i used a try all 108.9 for two years and it skipped from new although very rarely. I use a zhi 72 now:S havent done anything big on it, but that been fine. If i was buying a new one it would almost definately be the echo sl or ti.

NEWSSSSSSSSSSS!!

I Just find a local store that have worldcat free-wheels quite cheap, exactly the same price that Echo SL. 65 Euros

Somebody test it?? Looks amazing...

http://www.trialsport.es/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=47&product_id=292

It's the same as the Try-All, but with holes for extra 'snap in half across the holes'ness...

It's the same as the Try-All, but with holes for extra 'snap in half across the holes'ness...

WOOWW incredible! :o

In Spain exist one local dealer that sell Try-all's and Worldcats, in this shop, the price of try-all's are 65 Euros aprox and the Worldcats 125 Euros, more or less like ENO's!!!!! :angry:

Therefore I thought that Worldcat was better than others like Try-all, VIZ etc and in the same way than ENO's........ Yesterday I found other local dealer that have the worldcats for 65 euros, maybe this his REAL price.....

Then I go for Echo SL for sure.

Thanks Adam.

Edited by 315r