Zona Zips

mr ailsbury

Ive ordered mine, sounds like a great frame from what Ive heard- very good geometry (that can be adjusted by means of changing your chain length to give a variety of chainstay lengths), very strong frame, and very cheap, but just VERY crap stickers/decals! Cant wait to get mine and ride it

you make it sound like that isn't an option for nearly all other mod frames out there :)

matt E has one and he told me he loves it, so :)

I love my Zip :) It's the best frame I've ever used. It just feels pretty much spot on for everything. I went frm a T-Pro to the Zip, and it's a really positive change. It's 10x better at least at everything ot front, sidehops way better 'cos it's got loads more standover height, the higher BB makes it ride super well for almost everything else too, the 2" longer front end makes it more stable on the back wheel, it's amazing for manuals (Weirdly), really good for spins - got a 360 bunnyhop on it to give you an idea :huh: - and it's just a great frame.

I'd really, really recommend it :P

thanks will ill let you have a play next time im over :("

Yeah mines great now. Heres my personal opinions:

Its not a python. woo woo alert alert. Its got the same side plates blah blah blah but, its heavier and the top tube, seat stay are almost in a straight line. Look at a python, theres an angle involved there....

Secondly compared to my mates T-pro, the front end is light. REAAALLLY light. He's running the same forks + bar + stem as me (echo's, koxx, koxx) and a lighter hub than me, and its still heavier front end

Mark said a while ago that it seemed like it wanted to sidehop higher and higher. Yeah i kinda agree but I'll highlight an important word. "IT wanted to go higher" :P. I couldn't. The frame doesn't improve your skills so dont think that it will do. Something it is better than (i find at least from my old Monty) was that the rear wheel balance is amazing! I've never been able to stay on the back wheel without hopping for more than .5 a sec. The other day i stayed on for 4-5 seconds!

Theres no thing for snail cams either btw. Sorry if thats an incredibly dippy thing to say, but atleast its clear :angry:

And now to be contradictory, I found the frame to, static up (not sidehop) better than my old monty too. Thats probably with it being longer though :(

Lastly the paintjobs. We're all in unison that the stickers are crap, but when I saw the dark grey frame on the net I was dead set on getting it sprayed blue. When it came though, I fell in love with it :) :D

OK I think thats it. As my PC has been formatted I forgot to save the pictures of it, so ill take some more soon

Strangely enough, it DID make me ride better :angry: I know it's the rider not the bike, etc., but with sidehops I did go higher simply because there was the greater stand-over height.

For example, look at this pic of CLS:

6.jpg

You can see there that his legs are scrunched up to the side, so he can "lift" the bike higher up, and have his body-weight over more.

With the T-Pro, my legs always hit the top-tube, but with the Zip they go like CLS's are there, and it did actually mean that I got higher. Sidehopping up a set of steps, I found I got to the top instead of the mid-point as before, and I got up a rock 4" higher up on it than usual (it's angled) just because it gave me more confidence for sidehopping.

Plus, you do go to front better too simply because you've got more weight biased to the front anyway.

Anyhoo, it really is *that* good. If you're thinking about going for it, do it. If you don't like it, you can sell it for like a tiny bit less than you got it for 'cos people are looking out for them. If you like it, you've got a kickass frame :)

EDIT: Oh yeah, and it IS awesome on the back wheel like Partz said!

So the conclusion is buy it! Buy it hard!

EDIT: Here it is....

gallery_6800_896_27896.jpg

Looks crap IMO

My mate has just got one, same colour. Looks ok, just there is something about it. Rides fairly good though, not as light as a Python.

BTW, you can adjust the chain stay length on any mod, not just the Zona Zip, any you can only adjust it to the limitations of the brake mounts position on the frame.

Matt, Matt, Matt, Why the sticky fingers? Other than that it looks minto

I agree, its gay with them. But i can't afford anything else at the mo

Im trying to get a bribe together for UCAS so they'll let me into Uni, but its not working <_< lol :S