I Need A Very Good Web Designer.

Matt_Tupman

Basically I need a website made for my dads motorbike shop. Now we've looked round at the competition and they're not that great. We want to stand out with a quality website. We want to be able to update it and run it ourselfs. We're not jokers we know these things cost money and are not out for a cheap rubbish job.

Can someone point me in the right direction, I had a try myself but just don't have the time. Would be nice if it was someone keen on the whole sport, trials frame of mind just for ease.

I wouldn't trust Nick as far as i could throw him. He also copied the code off a site and passed it off as his own. Haha.

Definalty look Simon and CLS. :)

I don't do freelance anymore, but Nick seems to have cleaned up his act, so don't let JT put you off. :)

If you want to look elsewhere, try freelancers.net or something, can't remember exact address, to drunk. :D

Either way, you put your project up and people bid basically, for how much they are going to charge. Don't have to pick cheapest, just the person you think will do the best job.

Also, when looking for a developer/designer, always ask for client references, and if your after an administrator back-end, ask them to show you a demo site, to see how they let clients manage their site.

Good luck. :)

I don't do freelance anymore, but Nick seems to have cleaned up his act, so don't let JT put you off. :)

Cheers.

Hey matt probablly best if you give some idea of what will b eneeded on the site.

Are you going to need any shop facillities and anything as this could limit some options.

I'd agree with that. Had a quick read through but no-where near enough info for anyone to give any hazard at price etc.

What do you need on the site? What does it need to do. What level of input / control do you want, content, product listings?

I'm guessing you don't want online purchasing for a moto-trials website 'cos that'd be a bit of a waste of money if you ask me. I doubt many people would buy online, especially as delivery wouldn't be available.

If you do want to have a chat about it just fill in the free consultation request on our homepage, or PM me and I'll give you a ring for a chat. We're actually pretty busy this summer with projects but might be able to fit another one in.

Cheers,

Nick.

I'd agree with that. Had a quick read through but no-where near enough info for anyone to give any hazard at price etc.

What do you need on the site? What does it need to do. What level of input / control do you want, content, product listings?

I'm guessing you don't want online purchasing for a moto-trials website 'cos that'd be a bit of a waste of money if you ask me. I doubt many people would buy online, especially as delivery wouldn't be available.

If you do want to have a chat about it just fill in the free consultation request on our homepage, or PM me and I'll give you a ring for a chat. We're actually pretty busy this summer with projects but might be able to fit another one in.

Cheers,

Nick.

Right it needs to be a large website, we would like to sell online (paypal seems like the easyest but credit card even better) We send bike and parts all round the world deliverly isn't a problem.

Parts wise we are into the thousands so the shop are would be quite large. We offer lots of services that can't really be sold but need to be detailed. A large gallery. We have 12 acers of practise/testing land also so a section on that would be good. Events. Team Riders alnd then all the usual contacts, maps and Q&As. Also a piggy back site for the local Motor club may be needed.

Check out www.bvm-moto.co.uk for an idea of what we stock, although I don't like this site and would imagine somthing far more profesional could be made.

Would would like total control so we can get new stuff up quickly and not to have a middle man (um we're all on macs if that helps?)

Hope I this helps you guys in the no. Like i said I don't know much on this subject but me and my dad no what we want just not how to ge there. It's not like you look in the Yellow pages for this sort of thing without getting a cowboy.

Cheers guys

Right it needs to be a large website, we would like to sell online (paypal seems like the easyest but credit card even better) We send bike and parts all round the world deliverly isn't a problem.

Parts wise we are into the thousands so the shop are would be quite large. We offer lots of services that can't really be sold but need to be detailed. A large gallery. We have 12 acers of practise/testing land also so a section on that would be good. Events. Team Riders alnd then all the usual contacts, maps and Q&As. Also a piggy back site for the local Motor club may be needed.

Check out www.bvm-moto.co.uk for an idea of what we stock, although I don't like this site and would imagine somthing far more profesional could be made.

Would would like total control so we can get new stuff up quickly and not to have a middle man (um we're all on macs if that helps?)

Hope I this helps you guys in the no. Like i said I don't know much on this subject but me and my dad no what we want just not how to ge there. It's not like you look in the Yellow pages for this sort of thing without getting a cowboy.

Cheers guys

Essentially, you want something similar to http://www.powersport.co.uk/?

Basically I need a website made for my dads motorbike shop. Now we've looked round at the competition and they're not that great. We want to stand out with a quality website. We want to be able to update it and run it ourselfs. We're not jokers we know these things cost money and are not out for a cheap rubbish job.

Can someone point me in the right direction, I had a try myself but just don't have the time. Would be nice if it was someone keen on the whole sport, trials frame of mind just for ease.

Hey. I do web design myself. But Im just a kid. This sounds like a professional job. Try www.area51it.co.uk

They make beautiful design and their CMS (content managment system) i-sys is the best i've ever seen.

They have made sites such as FootCandy.

Edited by charlie >est<

I would offer my services but as I usually work with simon it would seam I can't and I couldnt definatly find someone to do the code side of things. Either way you have a lot of suggestions there so try someone there, Make sure you've seen a decent body of previous work and that they work in or are capable of the style of design you are looking for. I cant help on the code side of things but there are hundreds of designers capable of creating extremely good websites taylored for your needs.

however, As with anything - the more experienced and acredited the designer or design firm are the more expensive it would be. If you went through a reputable desing firm (Im not talking top end here, just highstreet) expect to be paying somewhere between 2 and 4k for all the work and consultations, Its also common to pay a deposit before anything is even started (hence make sure you've seen previous work, spoken to previous clients etc etc)

best of luck, Any questions feel free to give me a shout.

Just to give you an idea, I remember talking to the dude at Powersport bikes and he said that the design, CMS and build for their website was in the region of £10k-14k, he wouldn't give me specifics, said he got it through a company they know too so was priced well.

Just to give you an idea, I remember talking to the dude at Powersport bikes and he said that the design, CMS and build for their website was in the region of £10k-14k, he wouldn't give me specifics, said he got it through a company they know too so was priced well.

Is'nt that a bit expensive? area51 aren't that expensive.

For what was produced, they got mugged blind. :(

Wish people did research into stuff they intend on buying, services or products. Hell, give me even half that and i'll give them something 100x better. :(

For what was produced, they got mugged blind. :(

Wish people did research into stuff they intend on buying, services or products. Hell, give me even half that and i'll give them something 100x better. :(

As far as I'm aware, they've got it linked up to a dispatch machine and program so that lists of items needed to be dispatched each day are printed and labels are done. I remember that needing quite a lot of setting up.

Oh and obviously there is the huge CMS. They're what their boss told me anyway. They needed it done in 2months too.

breaking even is never going to be a sucessful business though is it, do you think a "corsa" for example costs anywhere near what it goes on sale for? (dont start using bugatti as an example, thats an extreme case)

but then again, Money is a bi-product of success so draw your own margin.

Key is to do a lot of research, there are plenty of up-and-coming design/coders out there looking for work to fill portfolio's with. Find one of them and you're doing ok.