Vee Or Hs33?

Joe Sheehan!

Right, cant decide between running a vee or a maggie on the rear.

If it were to be a vee, it would be an avid ultimate with an avid SD7 lever, vee daptors and plaz crms.

If it was a maggie, it would be hs33 lever and slaves, normal hosing and plaz crms.

Both would be on a light to medium grind, and both would cost roughly the same, but i ask you, trials-forum:

What should i get?!

Ive heard of vees slipping and stuff, but the story could be the same with a maggie if it wernt set up properly, so what are the pros and cons of vees and maggies?

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by sheehan

Maggies generally have more bite, vees have more hold. I love my vee, the hold on them is amazing they hardly ever slip. I would recomend the new rockpad vee pads the green ones. Ali was out with them on his bike other night and they hold unbelieveably. Go for a vee (Y) no fluid to freeze, no bleeding need just to replace a cable and simple to set up. Also if you do use a vee get a booster, you will need one that has wide enough spaceing for a trials frame though no all of them do, so look for a shimano xtr carbon one or a salsa one or i use a cheap outland one and that works pritty mint and fits my zenith and there plenty of roon to file the holes bigger.

I personally have never got on with vee's and my current rear maggie is a monster so i would say maggie. But eaither will be very good if set up properly and maintained. It's your call really.

Like people has said, i do run a Vee and would recomend one to anybody, the most noticable dfference between a vee and mag is the shear amount of hold that a vee has! it may not be quite as bitey (i have heard that rock green vees are bitey) but it will out hold a mag any day, and take that from me who is currently borderline 20st!!

Also you can get them to feel just as nice if not better than maguras!!

Adam

(i have heard that rock green vees are bitey)

Yeah i went on alis bike and they are pritty bitey and hold sexual. They bite like most other maggie pads, i would really recomend them, but i would reglue the pads back in as the glue isnt the strongest.

what about heatsinks in the vee cnc backing?

Coust ones seem to be the most popular, a mate used the reds and he loved them held brill and lasted fooking yonks not so bitey as like of cousts though. Cant comment on snowies and blue ones never used them.

Vee.

It can be as (or more) expensive than a maggie, but you have to buy it only once, and change the cables sometimes.

If you can afford 2-3 maggies a year buy that.

Buy nokon cable house if you have the money. And preground cable.

Zhi adapters are the half price of the heatsinks.

Edited by KMT

Vee.

It can be as (or more) expensive than a maggie, but you have to buy it only once, and change the cables sometimes.

If you can afford 2-3 maggies a year buy that.

Buy nokon cable house if you have the money. And preground cable.

Zhi adapters are the half price of the heatsinks.

zhi adapters?! any links?

What about oddysee(sp?) linear slick cable?

Zhi adaptors arn't available over here though, i would just stick to the heatsink ones. They are expensive but once youve bought them thats its you won't need to buy them again as its very unlikly they will break. Or you could find someone with a new tpro and has upgraded to maggy as they will have some adaptors.

Zhi adaptors arn't available over here though, i would just stick to the heatsink ones. They are expensive but once youve bought them thats its you won't need to buy them again as its very unlikly they will break. Or you could find someone with a new tpro and has upgraded to maggy as they will have some adaptors.

What, those cube shaped adaptors? i thought they would be shockingly poor?

What, those cube shaped adaptors? i thought they would be shockingly poor?

Na the new t-pro comes with vee adapters similar to the Heatsink ones, i have killed a set though, i am currently running home made adapters but i may get some heatsink ones when i have some money as my home made ones look a little shite and offer no adjustability.

Oh, and linear slic cables are awsome, tis what i run (Y)

Adam

zhi adapters?! any links?

What about oddysee(sp?) linear slick cable?

adapters.jpg

Didn't know that you can't buy there.

I've heard good things about the Odyssey cable, but I never tried it, don't want to change my nokon.