Vincents Been At It Again!

trialsguru

I'm quite impressed with those pedals! Bet he has to keep them ultra clean and replace bearings quite often though!

Replace the bearings? Ha.

He'll just replace the pedals after every comp, more than likely! :huh:

And, to be fair - i think it's just going a little bit over the top. I don't know about everyone else, but that's my opinion :blink: ...

Cheers,

Joe.

The bikes used in the tour de france and stuff are built so amazingly crazy light that they only last a few races, theres been plenty of cases of riders chainstays snapping on a brand new frame in its first race, but at the end of the day, the extra lightness takes seconds and minutes off your time so it's worth it to the riders, especially as the riders don't pay for their bikes.

I know they even looked into the way the number plate was attached to their shirts, and the aerodynamics of that saved a lot more time than you would think.

All Vincent is doing is the same thing, those few grams could mean the difference between making an up or slipping to bash. He has basically unlimited funds in a bike so doing all this improves his performace and pushes the sport even higher and further. I don't know why everyone has a problem with it.

And losing weight on your body doesn't make nearly as much difference as losing the weight on your bike, so saying "lolololol, why buy a new tyre thats 200g lighter, just take a shit before your ride, its the same weight" is completely wrong. A big 16 stone guy riding a super light bike is gonna do a lot better than a super skinny 7 stone guy on a tank of a bike, providing they are the same skill level. I mean, think about it, imagine putting a super light front wheel on and going out and riding on a full stomach wearing heavy clothes, then going out wearing light clothes and fully pooped out, but with a super heavy front wheel, it'd gonna be so much easier with the light front wheel, even if the total weight of you and your bike together are more.

The bikes used in the tour de france and stuff are built so amazingly crazy light that they only last a few races, theres been plenty of cases of riders chainstays snapping on a brand new frame in its first race, but at the end of the day, the extra lightness takes seconds and minutes off your time so it's worth it to the riders, especially as the riders don't pay for their bikes.

I know they even looked into the way the number plate was attached to their shirts, and the aerodynamics of that saved a lot more time than you would think.

All Vincent is doing is the same thing, those few grams could mean the difference between making an up or slipping to bash. He has basically unlimited funds in a bike so doing all this improves his performace and pushes the sport even higher and further. I don't know why everyone has a problem with it.

And losing weight on your body doesn't make nearly as much difference as losing the weight on your bike, so saying "lolololol, why buy a new tyre thats 200g lighter, just take a shit before your ride, its the same weight" is completely wrong. A big 16 stone guy riding a super light bike is gonna do a lot better than a super skinny 7 stone guy on a tank of a bike, providing they are the same skill level. I mean, think about it, imagine putting a super light front wheel on and going out and riding on a full stomach wearing heavy clothes, then going out wearing light clothes and fully pooped out, but with a super heavy front wheel, it'd gonna be so much easier with the light front wheel, even if the total weight of you and your bike together are more.

Wow, that's an aspect of it that has only just become apparent to me. Thank's for that (Y) ...

Oh, and, by the way, the above statement isn't sarcasm, as much as it sounds so :lol: .

Cheers,

Joe.

peple are just jealous on his bike since their on weights 3kg more (Y)

i could not give 3 shits to what the nearest decimal place in grams my bike weighs :blink: Never been a weight weenie never will

I would like to see tra on that bike though. Id imagine he'd just bend it in half getting on the back wheel.

Why doesn't he lace his spokes radialy? that will save a few mm per spoke ;) And cut that stupid penis off the top tube/seat tube join

i could not give 3 shits to what the nearest decimal place in grams my bike weighs :blink: Never been a weight weenie never will

I would like to see tra on that bike though. Id imagine he'd just bend it in half getting on the back wheel.

Why doesn't he lace his spokes radialy? that will save a few mm per spoke ;) And cut that stupid penis off the top tube/seat tube join

actually, tra is a weight weenie too! lol

I think he said his bike weighs 20.9lbs, cant be much more than vinces!

He took out the middle of the mag platform and, at the same time, didn't take out those alu bolts closing the way to the axle bolts. Could shave another 4 grams. Hope he removed pins from the other side of his pedals.

I don't really see peoples problems with him doing that, props to him for wanting to and putting in the effort and thinking about how he can improve his bike instead of just riding the bike and parts given to him. And with people doing this often good technical advances can come through and good ideas for future parts etc.

I guess i'm going to be biased towards it anyway, 'cause i'm a bit of a weight whore (with bmx mind :P ), and i love just taking standard parts and seeing what you can do to them and weight you can lose, and if you do end up getting rid of a lot of weight, it's quite a comforting feeling knowing you've put all the work in and seeing the end product ^_^

Actually if you look at it, the bits he has taken away dont come under much stress anyway.... quite a good idea if you have the tools and money to be doing it..... and yet he still has paint on his frame :huh:...

Good on him for trying!

Matt

Edited by Matt Breeze