Echo Urbans

Onza Kieron

Hey, I have Echo Urban's 07 disc only, do they have any kind of warrenty because I have just noticed a fracture along the left leg on the welds? I bought from Tarty if that matters, also I'm going to Barcelona on the 12th so obviously I need sorting by then, reckon is possible?

Hey, I have Echo Urban's 07 disc only, do they have any kind of warrenty because I have just noticed a fracture along the left leg on the welds? I bought from Tarty if that matters, also I'm going to Barcelona on the 12th so obviously I need sorting by then, reckon is possible?

send them back to tarty, i keep having to as mine keep doing exactly the same thing. its because the metal is too thick and cannot flex enough so is brittle and cracks, apparently... also big discs dont help. i think im on my 3rd pair of 07 deng forks in 4months... they are cracked again now too... i think ill be getting a vee brake as its getting rediculas

I think most Deng parts have a warranty, for instance frames are 12 months for U6 alloy and 6 months for 6061 alloy.

So yeah, you should get them replaced especially as they shouldn't brake in that area. If you snapped a steerer from doing hooks it would blatantly be your fault.

Bit of a hijack here, but is there much difference between the '06 and '07 Urbans?

Think the '07s have a thicker steerer again, but is there anything else?

Did the '06s have the cracking trouble the new model have?

Or get some Zoos! ?

Ok I shall do, and yeah, I'd buy Fattys but they are very very hard to come across and I have decided 3 pairs later forks aren't an ideal thing to purchase second hand, hence buying new then this..Ah well, thanks for the help, no doubt one of the team will of seen this before I contact them.

send them back to tarty, i keep having to as mine keep doing exactly the same thing. its because the metal is too thick and cannot flex enough so is brittle and cracks, apparently... also big discs dont help. i think im on my 3rd pair of 07 deng forks in 4months... they are cracked again now too... i think ill be getting a vee brake as its getting rediculas

Maybe time to get some decent forks instead of changing the brake?

I've had my Smartguys for over 2 years i believe... :P