Look What The Postman Delivered

Nick Garland

Ordered some new bits from tarty, fancied a change in frame, check out what arrived, now I have a huge smile on my face and will be going to build it now.

Stuff.jpg

Czar 07 Long Frame

Echo External BB

Echo Headset

Plazmatic CRMs

Hope Mono Trial Pads

Pro Bolt Ti Rotor Bolts

Pro Bolt Ti Rear Brake Bolts

Simtra ReSystem Stem

KMC K710 Chaion

Viz Rim Tape

Hebo Gloves

Will post pictures of it compelte when its built. Its a mid summer treat for myself :P These frames have such a small seat tube, pictures just do not do it justice.

UPDATE 1:

Half built now, just stopping for a cup of tea as a true brit would, then time to finish truing the rear wheel :P Sorry J-Kay, its got coloured rims lol, taken the other parts off my Zoo!. Dont write it off yet though, I think it will look tasty.

Update1.jpg

UPDATE 2:

Fully built now, spec below. I personally think this might persuade some of the non bike colour people to change their mind, I personally think its damn stunning. Shame a few of the older components have scratches :( Other than that its lovely, only hopped around in garden so far and its sooo nice on back wheel, will update later when I have been out on it later tonight.

P7180122.jpg

P7180123.jpg

P7180124.jpg

Spec:

Czar 07 Long Frame

Zoo! Pitbull 07 Forks

Echo Headset

Echo External BB

Echo CNC Cranks

GU Bash

17t Surely Sprocket

Dengura with Hope Braided Hosing & Plazmatic CRMs, GU Booster and Echo Mounts

Adamant Bars

Simtra ReSystem Stem

Hope Mono Trial 180 with Carbon Lever

Hope Pro 2's Front & Rear

Echo 2007 Rims Front and Rear

Minion 2.5" Rear & Koxx Try-All 2.0 Front

74 Kingz Tensioner

Pro Bolt = Rear Hub Bolts, Disc Bolts, Dengura Bolts.

Edited by Team War Rider

I've also fancied a changed and built myself Czar 26" short... imo those frames look silly with rims in other colors than black or white, that's why I'm changing mine in few days!

Do you also find this frame f**king amazing?:P I feel used to it after riding it for 2 hours

czar.jpg

My Czar cost around £2k mark, its pretty much fully pimped lol, I bought all of the parts that were not listed at christmas from tarty (bloody huge order which they remember :P), they were originally on my Zoo!

It rides amazing, after 10 mins I felty at home, 42" tap, just rolled straight up, so I thought fine I try a tap I have not made yet, 47" tap, straight up, its soooo nice to ride its unbelieveable. I find it nicer on the backwheel than the Zoo! 07 Pitbull.

Again mixed views about coloured bikes lol, I personally think its lovely.

I'm more impressed with the fact you ride 18:17 gearing. Finally somebody as sensible as me :P

edit: do you need that tensioner? i'm running that gearing without any chain tensioner on 372mm chainstays... to retain that tension with an extra link, you'd need ~384.5mm chainstays which is 0.5mm short of the Czar. Surely you could grind a tiny bit off the dropouts and chuck the tensioner out?

Chain stretch doesn't seem to be an issue at all, had the same KMC for many months and it's still perfect.

Edited by Inur

Cheers for the comments guys.

As for the rim drilling, its not as good as it could have been. I marked up just to the edges of the large pre-drilled holes so I did not compromise strength too much, then got a 3mm drill and drilled though as central as I could. I then just got a metal countersink stuck that in the drill and countersuck them. To do it better I would have prefered to use my pillar drill but it was broken at the time.

Not so much Mr. Money, I worked a lot from october to december to afford the majority of that bike and worked near full time the past month to afford the new parts lol. Well worth the work though.

I run 17:15 gearing, sorry to dissapoint, also the reason I run the chain tensioner is that before I have run it perfectly tight and it has bent my axle as it put too much stress onto the hub axle. I am hoping in a week or two when the chain has stretch a bit that I will be able to take out a link and up tension it as its far too long at the moment. Might get a half link chain not sure yet.

Glad a lot of people like it :)