Help Me Pick Or Deisgn A New Logo!

thornabytrials.co.uk

Scopse's one is good because the font is a professional looking one, nice and straight forward. The slight italics conveys a swift service, and if the logo can hint at the shine the car will have at the end, then perfect!

Your current one is the worst of the pack IMO. The haphazard font hints that it'll be a slap-dash job, and it uses too many colours.

For the ultimate in professional images, choose the logo that works great in one or two colours, get a few Tees printed up (via any online Tee printing place), and turn up with a snazzy logoed van and matching Tee.

Steve

Surely putting the star above the I would look better? Maybe not, I dunno, just came to my head then! Like it though (Y)

Cliche lol! But seriously... Erm i was thinking about it, but i didn't want it to break up the word too much, so i went for the end, if my logo gets used and it ends up having the star on the i, i still want my polish haha

Just my opinion, but if this is your business and (obviously) your living, shouldn't you get a professional graphic design company to do it for you? Also if you pick somebody's logo on here, do they get paid? :P I like some of the ones people have come out with!!

JJ.

Indeed, put something in to get something back, don't expect anything for nothing. :)

Pay someone to do a proper one and you'll get a decent logo along with a brand and image to go with it.

Theres various aspects like scaling, what it would like printed black and white (fax's, photocopy's etc), what it would like on a 256 colour business card, so and so forfth.

Few good designs so far, but i still think none of them really distinguish your business from any other valeting services.

Also, personally, i think your website leaves a lot to be desired, atleast, the pictures. Valet is all about the quality of work you do and you've got about 2 before shots, yet 10-15 after shots, they could of looked that good before. Its a valet service so the website doesn't have to be anything really, but the content in your case is the selling point, and if thats lacking there isn't a selling point, or any kind of angle to make your business different to anyone else's.

Refresh and re brand your company as a whole, not just little bits here and there. Effort, maybe, major profit return, yes.

Having wanted to setup my own company for a good few years now, still thinking about ideas and so on, i wish you the best of luck. :)

My 2 pence. :)

Just a quick idea... Reminds me of an exisiting logo, can't think what though

As said above, if it's a proffesional buisness you should present a proffesional image which means paying out for a decent job

post-1481-1186159130_thumb.jpg

That looks good :)

I'd agree with Simon on the website front. Don't rate it much at all to be honest. Took ages to load on my computer which is fast with broadband, and why are you marking the URLs?

Having wanted to setup my own company for a good few years now, still thinking about ideas and so on, i wish you the best of luck. :)

ive already been up and running for over a year now, and has been very successful, cleared all targets and beat my full cash flow forecast for my 1st year, also secured quite a few contracts, so its defiantly going well

just think a change of logo and better sign writing on the van to give a more up market image will benefit me.

ive already been up and running for over a year now, and has been very successful, cleared all targets and beat my full cash flow forecast for my 1st year, also secured quite a few contracts, so its defiantly going well

just think a change of logo and better sign writing on the van to give a more up market image will benefit me.

I think what Simon is getting at, is that although your site is alright, and may be meeting your forecasts that with a better website, and a little more structure and professional look you could raise your forecasts and still be beating them, get me?

Just curious, What waxes you using?

edit: for a logo concept you really should only use two colours (no fades/gradients) and then if you need to add these elements you do that after on some merchandise etc.

I agree with all the comments on the website, Its really dull - I have a genuine interest for detailing and there are no decent images of your process, no info on your processes or anything interesting at all.

As simon said, the entire purpose of this "company" is based around looks, This applies to all areas of your business and the first thing you want to be doing is showing a 50/50 shot or a big, high res well focussed images of befores and afters.

This may offend people but there have been some tragic examples posted, If you want a professional image you'll have to find yourself a professional, Before anyone jumps to the conclusion I want this job, I really dont, not doing any work along these lines at all now.

Myspace is an excellent showcase for the general lack of design knowledge/taste of the public, 99% of modified profile pages are un-readable an extremely poorly designed, There are soooo many aspects you must consider in all elements of design, Any old person can download themselves a copy of photoshop and knock up some ideas, But knowing what works and why things work is an entirely different ball game.

Edited by br3n