My 2007 Beta Rev 3 250

Matt_Tupman

Nice pegs.

Ha yes very nice! Which one were you on the Trialcast stand then as there seemed to be loads of you!

Thats one lush bike

Hadnt seen the 07 betas before now

Prefer shercos

Cheers although 07 don't actually look anything like this one, they're actually red.

Shercos are ok to ride, to maintain not so nice.

Ha yes very nice! Which one were you on the Trialcast stand then as there seemed to be loads of you!

Cheers although 07 don't actually look anything like this one, they're actually red.

Shercos are ok to ride, to maintain not so nice.

I was the 'Heavy' keeping an eye out for lifts. Dark hair, was quite a mess really, wore shorts all weekend. The younger of them all.

ok well i cant see whats modifed, what have u done, thats visible, (bearing in mind i dont no what engine parts are called)

Right all the alloy has been polished including rims, spokes, swingarm, clutch cover (left side), and water pump. This took me best part of two weeks every evening.

Plastics I sprayed a kind of gunmetal grafite colour that I made and also the hubs, brakes, foot peg hangers and the bottem yoke are the same colour.

It has a one off flywheel cover (right side) the originals are plastic so I thought it would be nice to get a hefty alloy one made.

The engine has quite a few factory parts on it including high compresion head, new piston, clutch, carb which is quite a lot different to standed and a full factory exhaust system which is light and helps the engine breath a lot better.

Got some lovely stuff from America from a company called V-Mar they sent me a billiet top yoke, rear sproket, front mud guard risers, snail cams and a wicked nylon chain tension pad (you can only get rubber ones in the UK and they tend to wear fast)

I've got some uprated brake pads from Jitsie which have just come out and are nuts almost went over the bars after i'd beded them in!! Also a full set of lever play and adjustment bits from Jitsie which menas I dont need any tools to adjust the brakes (bit like billiet TPAs)

Some great ghost nylon coated footpegs which I blagged off Trialscast on Friday at Hawkstone as we were setting up our stand. Cheers to you guys will be in touch shortly.

The front frame spars (downtubes) have been machenied lighter, they don't normally have the three holes in them. I've been testing these for a bit now and they seem to be holding up to my abuse so we'll be putting them into production soon hopefully along with the flywheel covers.

The rear silencer guard is a custom full carbon fiber joby, normally they have three holes in them but this one is solid.

Got a factory Domino throttle which is alloy instead on plastic and so is much more durable and gives a smoother throttle feel.

Renthal soft grips which and very comfy.

Carbon fiber number board which is a bit pimp.

Tryall bars which look smart but I think i'll be changing to Renthal Fatbars soon as they seem to flex a bit on heavey decents which isn't to inspiring.

Lightened gear, front mudguard bracket and brake lever.

Factory carbon tank cover

Heavy duty rear shock mudflap

Also the suspension internals have had a few mods which so far seem to be performing better than I thought but can't reveal these yet ;)

Thats about it really there are a lot more tiny thing that i've done like some nicer alloy brackets and a bit more carbon but most of you wouldn't care :$

Hope you like.

Matt

Oh and yes thats my Monty in the back ground for sale £850 if anyones intrestead.

Pretty sure flyers is spelt fliers =]] Very nice.

Yep it is :$ people took great pleasure in pointing that out to me at the show! 'yeah nice bike mate but you can't spell fliers!'

Factory internals lol... set of jets, adjust the tangs, different valve, and different needle or choke if you feel like it. Browny's onto the Keihin now, as are all the proper factory/TT Beta's. They've been playing with them for the last three months

Edit: Should also add that I'm not slagging it off - the polishing and attention to detail is very good...should spend more time riding it though!

Edited by bikerider

Factory internals lol... set of jets, adjust the tangs, different valve, and different needle or choke if you feel like it. Browny's onto the Keihin now, as are all the proper factory/TT Beta's. They've been playing with them for the last three months

Edit: Should also add that I'm not slagging it off - the polishing and attention to detail is very good...should spend more time riding it though!

Why can't you accept that it's a factory spec carb :unsure:

Anyway it does get a lot of use and doesn't look quite as shiney now as it did then.

I'm not a fan of the polishing job. Carbon stuff looks smart and the other mods are really nice.

Theres no way I'd spend that much time and effort on my 07 Beta. Fatbars, suspension mods, carb mods and a rear mud guard tie wripped back together is as far as im going.

Even though I don't like the polishing, I respects the amount of time and effort that has gone into doing it.

Well done mate.

Craig.

Oh and one other thing, were can I get the Jitsie brake pads from?

I'm not a fan of the polishing job. Carbon stuff looks smart and the other mods are really nice.

Theres no way I'd spend that much time and effort on my 07 Beta. Fatbars, suspension mods, carb mods and a rear mud guard tie wripped back together is as far as im going.

Even though I don't like the polishing, I respects the amount of time and effort that has gone into doing it.

Well done mate.

Craig.

Oh and one other thing, were can I get the Jitsie brake pads from?

The polishing was bit of a mission and unfortunaly once i'd started I had to finish it. It's maybe not that practical but I did it for the show and it only had to look good for those two days, although after 4 days riding it's still pretty good.

Not sure if the pads are avalible yet but if they are you can get them from Apico they are the UK Jitsie importers and can get stuff pretty quick.

Matt and craig i want to see some media of your riding, i to have been ridin my motor bike for the last 6 months and im wondering what kinda stuff you lot can do coming from push bikes i find it pretty easy compared to other club riders lol

Matt and craig i want to see some media of your riding, i to have been ridin my motor bike for the last 6 months and im wondering what kinda stuff you lot can do coming from push bikes i find it pretty easy compared to other club riders lol

I've started to make a video although most of it is street, man made stuff so it's hard to compair it to natural terrain. I've found that I can hop and move the bike around far easyer than riders who finish much high than myself in nationals, they're still better than me though :P

Can now do 180degree stoppies ;)