Zhi Forks?

Dekes

Has anyone ridden these in the 26" version?

Wesley Belaey sells them on his website.

It's the left one.

all-fork.jpg

Looks exactly like the deng echo urban fork. They are probably both made by pulo but are they exactly the same? They differ in price though, 89 euro for the ZHI on Kenny's site and 105 euro for the echo urban on trialmarkt.de. And what the hell is that white stuff on the steerer tube?

Can anyone help me out?

they just look like a generic version and for the price id get some (Y) be warned echo rubans flex like buggery <_<

Yeah this is what I've heared from ZHI forks as well, the flex. So how do they compare to koxx forxx, which is what i have right now?

Has anyone ridden these in the 26" version?

Wesley Belaey sells them on his website.

It's the left one.

all-fork.jpg

Looks exactly like the deng echo urban fork. They are probably both made by pulo but are they exactly the same? They differ in price though, 89 euro for the ZHI on Kenny's site and 105 euro for the echo urban on trialmarkt.de. And what the hell is that white stuff on the steerer tube?

Can anyone help me out?

Zhi has a fairly short steerer tube. The white stuff on the steerer is called metal.

Yeah it's probably just over-exposed.

This is pretty much just a guess, but I've seen the quality of Zhi products and they aren't too good. So it might be that ZHI forks are Urbans that didn't pass quality control if indeed Pulo have something like that? It's more likely though that they're just the same forks but with a different logo, just like V!Z and Atomz.

This is pretty much just a guess, but I've seen the quality of Zhi products and they aren't too good. It's more likely though that they're just the same forks but with a different logo, just like V!Z and Atomz.

Atomz and V!Z are actually quite different, same manufacturer though.

I think (not sure) Koxx will be made in France.

Aprebic/Pulo for forks - not France.

I think koxx frames are made in taiwan, which is much much better than made in china.

Anyway, in the quest for a new fork, i think i made up my mind and i'm going for the fatty R, I found one 2nd hand, new condition.

forks yes, but frames as well??

Let's wait for the Supertart to shed a little light on this matter. I'm pretty sure Koxx frames were made at Pulo in the past. I don't know where they're made now, after all Koxx frames have become way more complex than they were say 2 years ago.

I think koxx frames are made in taiwan, which is much much better than made in china.

Anyway, in the quest for a new fork, i think i made up my mind and i'm going for the fatty R, I found one 2nd hand, new condition.

I think so, koxx are made in taiwan.

BUT taiwan is a part of CHINA.

Nearly all the trials forks you see in the market are made by Pulo. A fair chunk of frames (as in, most, if not all Deng stuff, some Onza, Koxx etc) is also made by Pulo/other similar manufacturer

It's not necessarily a bad thing on all fronts though, for us at least, as it means that each company can give feedback to the manufacturer, which will in turn benefit every company with more knowledge on designs, materials and the like

I think so, koxx are made in taiwan.

BUT taiwan is a part of CHINA.

I you go to taiwan and tell them that they are a part of China, they will punch you in the face. They declared themselfs as an independent country and who can blame them, they are kapitalist and China is communist. Whether you consider Taiwan part of China or not, it makes a huge difference in quality standards for frame production.