Iphone Uk

Joel

Blimey! How extraordinarly impractical!

If there anywhere as bad as Ipods I'd stay clear. And learning other peoples lessons from PDAs and touch screen sony erricsons I'd leave it well alone :)

It looks very flimsy and not exactly very practical...it can do what most phones can already do...search the net, play mp3s, ring people and text...This thing is only going to be available on contract, and and for just the phone I recon you'll be looking for about £600.

HTML, maps, email...do you need it? And more so, do you need it on a rip of contract? lol.

Sorry to be so negative, but I think you're better off buying a phone from companies who know how to make things...

Is that £270 for the handset and then the contract fee...theres no way you'll pay £45 p/m for a reasonable contract with a free handset like that...I'd quite happily bet thats on an 18 month contract for that phone too.

I'd say that its better to leave it to calm down a bit, this phone has been given loads of hype (too much if you ask me) and they'll be costing a fortune for the first month or so.

958-45c8b38709c5f.jpg

Enough said? :P

Edited by anzo

You'll end up paying £1k by the time you take the £270 phone and 18 months at £35 (cheapest option), it's a case of you might aswel get a a kick ass phone for free for £35/month and buy an ipod touch with the £270 quid you saved.

Edit: and no 3G, 1999 called- they want their phone back

Edited by sfboy

Meh, Windows Mobile for the win. It's been around for ages and there are hundreds of apps for it.

On the other hand, the iPhone is probably much more powerful than most of the PDA's available on the market. Mine keeps crashing or things take ages to install/run on it. Another good thing is the 16GB of memory. Can't think of much else though, it's basically a typical gadget and I can't imagine anybody who actually uses the functions of an average PDA getting one of these.

Edited by Inur

The iPhone must really suck for it to tell 1,000,000 in 74 days, it took nearly 2 years to sell that many iPods.

Oh, and remember the iPhone was only available in the US at that time. On average it works out at 13,513 a day.

<sarcasm>I can only imagine how much they suck.</sarcasm>

Edited by MonsterJ

The iPhone must really suck for it to tell 1,000,000 in 74 days, it took nearly 2 years to sell that many iPods.

Oh, and remember the iPhone was only available in the US at that time. On average it works out at 13,513 a day.

don't forget how big America is, or how much of a status symbol this must be.

Probably 50% brainwashed people that want the latest craze though to be fair.

Probably 50% brainwashed people that want the latest craze though to be fair.

Ok so say it only sold half a million in 74 days. Still pretty good going.

You can't deny the fact that people obviously want it, it can't suck that much. I know I like apple products, but I know when stuff sucks, like the iPod HiFi, or Apple TV, but the iPhone quite obviously doesn't suck as much as you people who havn't actually ever used it seem to think.

And how often do you actually use 3G? Every time you want to go online?

"Unlike IEEE 802.11 networks, 3G networks are wide area cellular telephone networks which evolved to incorporate high-speed internet access and video telephony."

It's got WiFi and EDGE, so there's really no need for 3G, otherwise they would have included it.

Edited by MonsterJ

Seriously... who gives a shit?

Ummm... f**k you.

Clearly more people found it funny than your attempt to belittle me.

On a more serious note, the links in question aren't really my opinion, I just find Maddox has a knack of making Apple products sound shit in a funny way.

The iPhone's probably fairly good, I'm just not commercially zombified enough to actually consider buying one. Meh.

Ummm... f**k you.

On a more serious note, the links in question aren't really my opinion, I just find Maddox has a knack of making Apple products sound shit in a funny way.

The iPhone's probably fairly good, I'm just not commercially zombified enough to actually consider buying one. Meh.

Just because someone wants to buy a iphone they are suddenly being labelled a commercial zombie? It seems the only people bitching about the iphone are those who in general hate the whole apple/mac scene as well (from past forum topics). Just because it isnt your cup of tea doesnt mean you have to put out some sort of attack on everyone else who considers it to be something they would buy. I wasnt trying to belittle you, i was clearly making a point that i thought posting stuff like that will just turn the thread in to the age old pc vs mac debate.. and to be honest i couldnt give a f**k what maddox posts, he has to be controversial otherwise no one would bother reading.

Ummm... f**k you.

I'm with Chris, just get the f**k out of the thread being a twat. Plus you said it's 'probably fairly good' but say youre not 'zombified enough to buy one' although, it's 'probably fairly good' so you're just contradicting yourself you retard.

Anyway,

I read about the 3G thing that they've obviously got EDGE and Wifi so not much need and apparently 3G is really shit on the battery, and would limit battery life down to 3-4 hours per charge, meaning it's shit. Steve Jobs said once they've got the battery issues sorted, they may be looking at releasing a 3G iPhone next year.

The physical phone isn't that much but nowerdays you get most phones free or like less than £40. I think they're expecting you to pay £259 then pay your contract aren't they, they're shit! The contracts are expensive too, minimum of £35 plus there aren't any texter based contracts like the £25 p/m 120mins 750 texts which o2 do at the moment.

Until they have something like that then I'm really not interested.