Coust Pads In Heatsink Cnc Backings

Vee

They are the only pads i would consider to run if i changed back to a magura! realy tempted to try a set again now it is coming to winter, as i had some on a koxx rim and was riding bristol in the wet and my brake was as good as in the dry, and it was absolutley awsome!

Adam

best pads i have ever used. Bed in in a matter of minutes, only need a light grind and you'll have a nice honk and great hold and bite, they give a very solid feeling brake too! Ive ridden in a wide range of conditions from boiling hot sun and sand too sloshy mud and rocks and they performed amazingly through out. www.heatsinkbikes.com cheers-hugh

Well basically, i ordered the heatsink reds but iv been waiting for like a week an steve from heatsink said he'll be sending these instead as an apology for the wait which is why i love heatsinkbikes.com lol and just wondered if theyre good

cheers guys

Vee

QUOTE(hugh_b @ Sep 18 2007, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
best pads i have ever used. Bed in in a matter of minutes, only need a light grind and you'll have a nice honk and great hold and bite, they give a very solid feeling brake too! Ive ridden in a wide range of conditions from boiling hot sun and sand too sloshy mud and rocks and they performed amazingly through out. www.heatsinkbikes.com cheers-hugh

youre not sponserd by heatsink at all ;)

but yeh

best pads out.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have the CNC backings on mine (just plastic) but here was my impression (not to self promote the store or anything). I love the Rock pads first of all along with the old CRM's (RIP :( :( :( ) and they seem to be very grabby and loud.

Now initially I was expecting it needed to be broken in with my Echo rim that needed a grind pretty badly (rock pads weren't working as well lately) but wanting to go for a quick ride I rode with it for about an hour or so twice.

Just this weekend I hopped and the pads started to squeak & grabbed like Rock/CRM's. It's just as loud and considering my rim needs a grind, I was very impressed. I haven't rode in a wet but if it works well like they say they do it may be the pads of the choice. Plus if I don't have to really grind & works this well, I'm not complaining :)

It's no "oh my god THE PADS ON THE MARKETTTT" deal but it's enough to really consider buying them over other pads.

On a side note, rock pads are almost too grabby with a sharp grind as if there was tar on it. Might try the green pads for future review :)

Edited by nek0