Wrc Car 0-100mph

Andy P

rapier like, i hope that was an original.

bowdown.gif

Haha thanks :P

In seriousness.

World Rally Car: Subaru Impreza, 2 litre turbo charged, 300 BHP, 2000, 0-100 in 4.8 second (WRC car spec.)

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.a...h=&t=226895

EDIT: Bollocks thats km/h... back to the drawing board, it's probably going to be around 5.5/6 seconds though.

Edited by MonsterJ

Well I knew someone was going to do it.

Thought it was going to be Tom when he was in the thread for about 5 minutes, but he obviously thought better of it.

Hmm, so because I took offence to your post, and gave you a warn, I'm all of a sudden a maniac, cold blooded warmunger. Right.

No I just think it's a bit ridiculous you warned me because you took offence to something I said. I assume you warn everyone when you don't like their jokes, or have I had some kind of special treatment.

Nope, only when it's something distateful like making jokes about someone who has died.

Completely depends on gearing. Saying a rally car can only do 90mph is silly- they will be geared to only hit 90 if the rally demands it. However in somewhere like Sweden speeds can hit 120-130mph. If you were to use a standard power WRC car on a tarmac runway I'd guess it could hit 100mph in around 5-6 seconds.

rally cars are capable of about 160-170 with the right gearing i would say but there geared differently every rally depending on conditions they could be geared to do 0-100 in well under 10 seconds but they wouldn't go any faster than 110 or so. my dads mate has a group b car sitting in his garage he's got 8 different diff's for it and hundreds of cogs to gear the car with top speed with the longest ratios - 190mph

with the right tyres and wheels on tarmac i'd recon 6.5 seconds

Edited by Gavyn L