New Bars?

wilf

I extended mine because i am quite broad it felt a lot more comfortable with them at 29.5, it felt like my chest was really closed with them at standard width, but with them wider i felt a lot more free and it was a lot more comfortable on my shoulders, i didn't feel cramped or closed in, whereas i did before. Although from standard length to 29.5 inches is only quite a small extension it makes the differance, my friend asked me the same question the other day and i took the extensions out and showed him the position of my body compared to how it ws when the bars were extended and he could see how it helped - its just a feel thing, if you extend them you should extend them to what feels right and comfortable, it will make more sense when you have the bars, you'll soon know what width feels right.

Extending them doesnt really compromise your spinning ability, i changed from narrower bars to extended montys and i can spin much more effortlessly now, its more down to the rise and sweep as opposed to the width.

If you are quite small or nt that broad in the shoulders you may not need to extend the bars at all....see what worsk for you.

I extended mine because i am quite broad it felt a lot more comfortable with them at 29.5, it felt like my chest was really closed with them at standard width, but with them wider i felt a lot more free and it was a lot more comfortable on my shoulders, i didn't feel cramped or closed in, whereas i did before. Although from standard length to 29.5 inches is only quite a small extension it makes the differance, my friend asked me the same question the other day and i took the extensions out and showed him the position of my body compared to how it ws when the bars were extended and he could see how it helped - its just a feel thing, if you extend them you should extend them to what feels right and comfortable, it will make more sense when you have the bars, you'll soon know what width feels right.

Extending them doesnt really compromise your spinning ability, i changed from narrower bars to extended montys and i can spin much more effortlessly now, its more down to the rise and sweep as opposed to the width.

If you are quite small or nt that broad in the shoulders you may not need to extend the bars at all....see what worsk for you.

hmm maybe i'll try extending my bars aswell since i'm reasonably broad

Thanks for the reply (Y)