Trial Tail Whips

megaspin

Holla all.

Excuse my lack of knowledge but how does the cabling work on a stock trials bike when doing a tailspin?

Is there a giro system fitted or do people just ride with extra loopy cables?

Have a look at the video for an example of what I mean:

Any help would be appreciated as I'm interested in this set up for a 24".

Regards

Jon

i drilled a hole in the steerer tube of my forks below the stem, then cut a groove in my spacers so the cable can go in and roots down inside the steerer tube to my front disc. then i use a long linear slic cable for the back which i can get 3 complete rotations out of with the brake still working perfectly(avid ultimate)

i can get footjam tailwhips to pedals, learnt them on a bmx and just transfered them to big wheels :)

can get a pic of my home made front brake routing if anyone is interested?

i drilled a hole in the steerer tube of my forks below the stem, then cut a groove in my spacers so the cable can go in and roots down inside the steerer tube to my front disc. then i use a long linear slic cable for the back which i can get 3 complete rotations out of with the brake still working perfectly(avid ultimate)

drilling a hole in your steerer. That sounds like a pretty bad idea to me

:mellow:

I hate to tell you this but that really was not a good idea!

l_49d5692a1c58b719c69bd9b297253c96.jpg

Wow.

Wasn't expecting such a response but that's awesome.

My aim is to combine trials with street/park riding on a 24uk mk2 or inspired... when they are released.

It seems the longer cables is the best route (for me) as long as you don't forget to unwind yourself.

regards

Jon

Edited by megaspin

Yeah but they have really thick alu steerers so the hole down the middle isn't big enough for one of those BMX top cap/star nut things.

yeah, what he said!

sorry for the piss-poor photos, it was pitch black...

this is what i did so i can get a couple of barspins and/or tailwhips...

med_gallery_13468_1764_87957.jpg

med_gallery_13468_1764_213390.jpg

med_gallery_13468_1764_160635.jpg

Is it really worth it just to be able todo barspins nd whips. You could have at least drilled a hole in the steerer above the stem so it wasnt under stress

it's really going to be fine, have you seen how thick the steerer is on control forks? if i drilled it above the stem it would have made my stem far too low!