Speedcameras

Ducko

where and what time was this if you don't mind me asking?

Are you asking me? It was on the 24th August just South of Penrith. Taken them a while to catch up with me due to me being in a hire car. There were two rozzer vans on bridges over the motorway within a couple of miles and I kind of expected to get done by one... Sucked because I'd just got back from Canada, having been delayed for 27 hours in Toronto thus missing my connecting flights thus having to hire a car to drive from Glasgow to Southampton with about 4 hours sleep in the previous 48 hours... fun.

Edited by monkeyseemonkeydo

They've been hiding in the layby that way a few times now. I go that way every day, you should be fine as long as you were doing less than 80ish. The one to watch for on that stretch of road is a little further on by mcdonalds as there is often a car on the slip road hiding behind the trees :(

Speed cameras are twats! Apparently, they're going to be implementing some new ones sometime in the near future, that instead of measuring your speed as you go through it, there'lll be two cameras a mile or two apart, which will measure how long it took you to get from one to another. Can't wait!

Logging onto my computer this morning and saw the headline about speed cameras giving 6 points instead of 3 if you are quite alot over the speed limit: BBC News Article

Not looking good, though if you speed in a residential area (30-40) then you're stupid really, always the main focus of Police and speed cameras.

Tom

They've been hiding in the layby that way a few times now. I go that way every day, you should be fine as long as you were doing less than 80ish. The one to watch for on that stretch of road is a little further on by mcdonalds as there is often a car on the slip road hiding behind the trees :(

yeah cheers!

ive seen that one a few times too you get them purched on the bridge aswell

ive never known another country that is so obssesed with bleeding every penny out of its people like the UK does, pretty sad really.

Speed cameras are twats! Apparently, they're going to be implementing some new ones sometime in the near future, that instead of measuring your speed as you go through it, there'lll be two cameras a mile or two apart, which will measure how long it took you to get from one to another. Can't wait!

Nothing new really. Average speed cameras are already in use in a fair few places...

yeah cheers!

ive seen that one a few times too you get them purched on the bridge aswell

ive never known another country that is so obssesed with bleeding every penny out of its people like the UK does, pretty sad really.

The stretch of A55 between Colwyn bay and Chester is apparently the most over policed section of road in the Uk, theres some useful trivia for you.

how acuratte are tom toms to your speed thou?

does anyone know

my tom tom reads usually 5-6mph under my speedo

cheers

On a flat level road you can pretty much say that any GPS verified speed is virtually 100% accurate. You should find that your speedo over reads by around 8-10% so 32-33 at 30, 44 at 40, 54-55 at 50 etc etc.