I've Just Met Martin Ashtons Old Bike Mechanic!

Bradders

I just picked my bike up from "iBike" in Crowthorne after they shortened my brake hoses and chain!

the bloke that fixed my bike was martin ashtons old bike mechanic back in his hey days!

and he used to live next door to ashton! what a legend!

stuff halfords this bloke does a proper job!

212 Duke's ride,

Crowthorne,

Berkshire,

RG45 6DS

hahaha i got a bit excited, and thought i'd share my story with you guys!

No but think about it, when you first started like on an onza t-bird, you would be well chuffed if someone who fixed the legend martyn ashtons bike fixed yours.

im not just starting fool!

i've been riding for about three years!

DSCF1198.jpg

just had to go back to a t-bird frame!

Beleive me or not i know who i met and no one can take that away from me wheyyyy!

Well not exactly, because how do you really no he was his mechanic? he prove it some how? he could be telling lies to impress you. I dont really care if its real or not but ive never heard of a rider having his own mechanic. MAy be a person they always use for wheel builds but generally top level riders know how to build a bike and set one up and would rather do it them selves so they know its done right and cant blame someone if it goes wrong.

Hmmm 1st ever trials rider ive know to have a "mechanic".... i think most people just do it em'selves

Most of the top guys have mechanics (who usually double as minders at comps). As examples off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure Chris Doney and Ben Savage never touch their bikes or do any work on them (especially at big comps like the World's). Their 'minders' (read 'dad's') do it for them. Lets the rider concentrate on what he does best while knowing the bike's in as good condition as possible.

Edited by monkeyseemonkeydo

I read something in MBUK aaaaages ago about how Ashton had his own mechanic at some bike shop daaahhn sarf.

Beleive me or not i know who i met and no one can take that away from me wheyyyy!

Yeah we believe you. It's just not that exciting, sorry.