Iphone

lewis.jackson

I had a little play on one in the phone shop the other day...

The contract looked a little pathetic for what the phone was...£270ish for the handset and then the minimum contract was £35 a month with 200 texts and 200 minutes...which this phone is exclusive to on o2?

Don't know about you, but I have a 500 text and 500 minute contract, and I max out every month...for me to have the iPhone would cost about £330 and even then I'm limited on texts...but overall on my little play I wasn't too impressed...seems pretty old technology a little bit disappointing with all the media hype...

Trying not to sway this into an Apple slagging match...I think it will be difficult though.

What is your contract like?

Edited by anzo

Mate of mine got that 200 min 200 text contract, For 35quid a month thats a joke! I have the samsung g600 for 35 a month (phone was free) i get 600mins and 1000 texts then on top of that saturday sunday and monday all calls are completely free/dont go on my minutes.

It is a nice phone, but IMO well not worth the money!

a dr in our design department at uni said the iphone is incredible

fanboys though. all of them. :P

imo apple are focussing more and more on business. hence crap deals.

still, who can rival the anticipation surround a new product launch?

literally everyone has heard of the iphone launch.

I used one the other day, hated it, damn thing, was on the phone, it touched my cheek and it hung up, I am pretty sure that somehow my cheek managed to end the phone call.

Too expensive and techy for a phone, I need it to phone and text, occasionally browse the web, but very occasionally. I shall not be getting one.

As was said earlier very old tech, and very expensive for what it is. But yet again apple have done a great marketing job as with the ipod and there mac computers. It seems if you advertise it right you can sell anything for what ever price you think you can get away with and in my line of work it really winds me up that apple and sony want to go it alone and try to lock everybody into there newest developments ( copies as regaurds the iphone, and ipod ).

Does anyone think Apple are becoming a little worse than Microsoft?

Squeezing as much money out of you as poss, it's old technology, your not allowed 3rd party software and it's stuffed full DRM of protection.

Can't really see the appeal apart from it looking very nice.

It's the contracts that really make me laugh. These phones are gunna cost some saps a LOT of money...

My girlfriend's brother works as a manager/deputy/something or other at carphone warehouse. He got to play with one a week before the release and was very dissapointed. I've managed to avoid them so far but I'll probably have a gander in the Bullring Apple shop at some point.

I want one but i will wait until there are some better tarrifs!! I need anew MP3 player so might aswell get a new phone as well, my contract runs out soonish so yeah will wait till after crimbo should be cheaper/more tarrifs? Fooking loosh though :)

Best phone Ive used by far.

Size of is isnt an big issue, as its pretty thin, the quality of the screen is superb, along with all the functions, Mail, ipod, safari, youtube, maps, weather, and even stocks:O,

Down side no custom ringtones!, cant go to say ipod, find a track you like and set it as a ringtone, abit of a downer considering its a multi-media device.

Anyways, Apple will have this option on the new firmware but you have to pay for the song of itunes....

It's a shame Apple made the iPod... I would absolutely hate them if they hadn't. As it stands I quite like (the functionality of) iPods but I really can't stand Apple. I agree with Scopse- they're 100 times worse than Microsoft, nothing is compatible with any of their products if they didn't make it. That's just cr@p if you ask me. Hate their computers and hate the way they operate as a company. Meh. But then again I own a nokia 5140 and don't care what it looks like or does so long as it can send messages and make/receive calls... which it does just fine!! Guess I'm just an unfashionable old fart.

Edited by monkeyseemonkeydo

Apple is as bad as micosoft. Its all simular stuff that microsoft have tried to do but endup going to court over and have to submit, but Apple are able to get way with it in the courts because its seen as healthy competion for microsoft. the powers that be dont want it all to be a one man show ( bill gates ) even though he owns a fair bit of apple and intel hence way macs are now a pc in a nice case.