New Computer?

Ash-Kennard

bump?

People probably aren't replying because theres just sooooooo many different options you have and prices literally drop every week. If you want the least hassle, just go to ebuyer.com, find one for the price you want and chances are it'll be pretty much around about the best you can get for your money.

If you really want the cheapest price, buy it in bits and build it yourself.

People probably aren't replying because theres just sooooooo many different options you have and prices literally drop every week. If you want the least hassle, just go to ebuyer.com, find one for the price you want and chances are it'll be pretty much around about the best you can get for your money.

If you really want the cheapest price, buy it in bits and build it yourself.

or dad can build it...

plan thomas (Y)

Dell are shit.

Yep, unless you can get something from the business range, theres far cheaper options out there.

I'd say get it in bits and let your dad build it, I had a quick look yesterday and you can get:

Intel E2180

2GB RAM

Gigabyte DS3R motherboard

Western Digital Caviar 500GB SATA hard drive

7600gs Gfx Card

Enermax PSU

Cheapy computer case

Any dvdRW drive (they're all around £15-20)

You can pick up a random flatscreen from local shops nowadays for around £80 so that brings you to just about where your budget lies, and that computer will be pretty damn good.

Personally i recommend HP,

the company i work for have supplied over 2000 to different schools in west sussex and only one has been sent back faulty in 2 years.

they come with 3 year wannante and there not too bad when it comes to returning stuff, unlike dell that make you do test after test after test....... before they admit its faulty (N)

stay well clear of pc world and curries :giggle:

Asus EEE pc for £200.

Linux urinates over Windows and Mac.

http://uneasysilence.com/archive/2007/11/12654/

*cough*

I'm waiting for the 8GB version before I get one, f**k the 2GB, by the time linux is installed on it you only got about half a gig free. It's all about the 8GB, OS X, and a decent sized SD card for extra memory. Nice!

http://uneasysilence.com/archive/2007/11/12654/

*cough*

I'm waiting for the 8GB version before I get one, f**k the 2GB, by the time linux is installed on it you only got about half a gig free. It's all about the 8GB, OS X, and a decent sized SD card for extra memory. Nice!

Pffft. Powerbook 12" and raspberry jam.

You know what I'm talking about.

Sorry, I was talking about a powerbook.

There are shit loads of reviews of them online, including people who have upgraded the RAM to 2gb, put Windows XP on them, messed around with the Linux distro on them, etc. Just google eeepc review and I'm sure loads will come up.

If you wanna buy one, check out http://www.rm.com/Primary/Products/product...?cref=PD1030046