Past And Present Toxsin 1 Owners

Phil H

I'm thinking of buying a toxsin 1, I've heard they ride very nicely. I'm 6ft 2 so im looking for something quite long and at 1095 it seems ideal. I'm moving up from 0 BB rise and the Toxsin should be around +15 so seems like a nice step up, not too harsh.

What are your thoughts?

Cheers, Phil

Or long Adamant A1 / Czar. By the way, what is the Toxin price in UK ? :ermm:

Cheers, Bozho

Was looking into getting a long czar 07 but my mate decided he needed to hang onto it for abit :(

A1 has too much BB rise for me, used to 0 at the moment.

Phil

I used to have one, got a toxsin 2 now, the toxsin one was class, havnt rode 2 yet.

Hmm, I could get hold of a toxsin 2 very easily but I just don't really like the ride personally, and looking down and seeing a mega wirde top tube kinda puts me off. (no offence)

cheers, Phil

my toxsin snapped....

ah... might have put me off abit. I know you ride absolutely huge but judging from your videos I reacon I weigh more than you so I don't think that bodes well.

Ideally I'd have the long Czar like you but as I mentioned above my mate needs to hang onto it and I don't fancy paying the full rrp for it.

cheers, Phil

Was looking into getting a long czar 07 but my mate decided he needed to hang onto it for abit :(

A1 has too much BB rise for me, used to 0 at the moment.

Phil

Hmm, I could get hold of a toxsin 2 very easily but I just don't really like the ride personally, and looking down and seeing a mega wirde top tube kinda puts me off. (no offence)

cheers, Phil

ah... might have put me off abit. I know you ride absolutely huge but judging from your videos I reacon I weigh more than you so I don't think that bodes well.

Ideally I'd have the long Czar like you but as I mentioned above my mate needs to hang onto it and I don't fancy paying the full rrp for it.

cheers, Phil

I wouldnt be put off by the fact his snapped, all frames snap eventually. Some you here about alot and get a bad name other you dont. Pythins ust to be known for being bomb proof but a few 07s have snapped but they dont get a bad name for it. Controls dotn have a bad name for snapping but i know a few that have.

I dont think that the toxsin has a bad name for snapping so it will just be the few that have. Aluminium fatigues so eventually most frames will go after a year or 2 or 3 even if they are super strong. If you like the geo of the toxsin i would go for it, it seems a nice frame. Dont think the disk mount is made for a disk though so wouldnt use one.

I wouldnt be put off by the fact his snapped, all frames snap eventually. Some you here about alot and get a bad name other you dont. Pythins ust to be known for being bomb proof but a few 07s have snapped but they dont get a bad name for it. Controls dotn have a bad name for snapping but i know a few that have.

I dont think that the toxsin has a bad name for snapping so it will just be the few that have. Aluminium fatigues so eventually most frames will go after a year or 2 or 3 even if they are super strong. If you like the geo of the toxsin i would go for it, it seems a nice frame. Dont think the disk mount is made for a disk though so wouldnt use one.

Thanks for your advice, understand what your saying, the mounts abit sketchy then? (not that I was going double disk anyway)

Phil

They ride very nicely, I've bin on quite a few!

I think Phil williams (totaltrials) has one for sale...

Sounds good, thats the one I was thinking about getting :P

Not to sound like a twat, but ts quite a deep red and im not sure if I could ever build it up to look nice colour wise.

Phil

Thanks for your advice, understand what your saying, the mounts abit sketchy then? (not that I was going double disk anyway)

Phil

Sounds good, thats the one I was thinking about getting :P

Not to sound like a twat, but ts quite a deep red and im not sure if I could ever build it up to look nice colour wise.

Phil

with black parts it would look nice or you could just strip the paint and polish it. As far i remember its one of them unuseable disk mounts thats not beefy enough. Proberly the same one as thats on the limey.

Edited by basher