The Trial Of Wessex

Rich Pearson

UPDATE: MARCH 11TH

I regret to inform all of those whom it may concern that The Trial of Wessex is no longer anything to do with me after differences in direction between myself and the event organisers.

I do not know if this means the trial has been cancelled, as I do not know if anyone has been found to take my place overseeing the event.

Apologies to whom it may concern.

Rich Pearson

Sweet, sounds like fun :)

Do you need any sort of license to enter the comp?

By the looks of things the event will be insured by the ACU which Andrei is sorting out, so you'll need a valid ACU licence, and that looks like the most likely path we'll be taking. But we'll let you know as things progress

Top stuff, Ill come along even if i dont ride.

Speed trial? :P

Rich

I feel the there may be a bit of a disruption of communication on the number of riders thing:

In the meetings I've had with Pendragon I had to give what I thought would be an approximate number of riders that we could expect to attend. I said 100, as I've never been to a trial with more than 100 entrants but I've never heard of a trial in the UK which will be as big as this one.

So, to clarify, ANYONE, OF ANY AGE, GENDER, ABILITY OR WHEELSIZE MAY ENTER AND COMPETE AT WHICHEVER LEVEL THEY WISH (within the bounds of health and safety stipulations which will be at the discretion of event organisers and my ultimate responsibility, pending insurance).

100 was a guestimate, although we can easily accomodate for more, and we certainly hope to do so.

Rich

he does mean anyone, the poor bloke was trying to persuade me to enter the thing! he's mad, but also a legend for getting something like this on the calender. i think the biggest thankyou we can give these guys is to enter and show the rest of the cycling world thats going to be there how big our "little" sport of trials is!

I feel the there may be a bit of a disruption of communication on the number of riders thing:

In the meetings I've had with Pendragon I had to give what I thought would be an approximate number of riders that we could expect to attend. I said 100, as I've never been to a trial with more than 100 entrants but I've never heard of a trial in the UK which will be as big as this one.

So, to clarify, ANYONE, OF ANY AGE, GENDER, ABILITY OR WHEELSIZE MAY ENTER AND COMPETE AT WHICHEVER LEVEL THEY WISH (within the bounds of health and safety stipulations which will be at the discretion of event organisers and my ultimate responsibility, pending insurance).

100 was a guestimate, although we can easily accomodate for more, and we certainly hope to do so.

Rich

Cheers Rich, Do you know when the entry forms will be released?

Nathan

Edited by Koxx_Nath.C

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...