Andrei Burton / Wayne Mohamet Sign For Onza

Joe@Onza

After some prolonged negotiations over the last few weeks it can finally be announced that both Andre Burton and Wayne Mohamet have signed to ride for Onza in 2008.

“We are pleased to welcome them both on board” said Mike Poyzer. “They are both extremely proficient Trials riders, but more than that, they are both great ambassadors for the sport and give youngsters a very positive image and great encouragement at grass roots level. 2008 is going to be an exciting year for us with plans for a much greater push into Europe and consolidation of our leading role in the UK. The new expanded team will give us a good presence at events in the UK and worldwide and will help us to develop and showcase our range of products to European dealers and consumers. We look forward to working with both of them and also with Scott Wilson and Joe Seddon who signed last week.”

Further announcements to strengthen the team are expected over the coming weeks.

post-13495-1197310261_thumb.jpg

post-13495-1197310418_thumb.jpg

Thanks to Mike, Joe and Chris yesterday for all their hard work in getting everything sorted.

Got my new steed built up, just got to go get out on it now.

I had not signed anything to Monty, i had been offered, but personally the offer did not suit my needs, there was other companies in and amongst that, Meta were very interested and also i had asked a couple of other companies too. But the onza deal sort of give me what i wanted.

Will be great for i think the 4 riders that have already signed, myself, joe seddon, Andrei Burton and Scott Wilson. (Y):) Hopefully catch up with you guys soon.

Im sure we will see new things bikes/frames but not everything is about weight.............Durability is the key to the castle.

Wayne.

f**king hell... nice team Onza!

Now release a nice, light, comp mod frame ;)

Yep Dont worry about that young sir, The Limey 20", The Ice and Team issue frame will be Soon be available In Spring '08.

New 26" Frame being drawn up as we speak too.

All will be frame sets only.

QUOTE (hugh_b @ Dec 11 2007, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The thing i don't get here is........you say you have the strongest team for 08......Youve just lost the 2 best riders in the country :blink: durrr

Hugh, but they've gained me! :P

My hugh barker replica limey is going very well at the moment really like it (Y)

Scott

QUOTE (hugh_b @ Dec 11 2007, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The thing i don't get here is........you say you have the strongest team for 08......Youve just lost the 2 best riders in the country :blink: durrr

I don't think at any point have we said that we have the strongest team in 08. We have an excellent team with some of the UK's top riders. Of course we were sorry to see Ben and Danny move on but this was entirely their decision and of course, myself ,Joe and Chris wish them well with their new sponsor.

It does not stop us from moving forward with our future plans and we are very pleased to have signed such a group of top riders.