Andrei Burton / Wayne Mohamet Sign For Onza

Joe@Onza

Going slightly off the topic but yes we are doing that. Limey 20" and team replica model will be on the shorter side and the Ice frame will be a longer playful frame. Ill try and get photos up shortly but they are on here somewhere. Pat on the back who ever can find them for me.

:P answer me question is it rick? lol

Com on dude, Its all confidential. HaHa. Its all up in the air at the Moment but the "european rider" would like to test the Ice frame (Mod no 3) before he makes his decision. Awesome rider though.

cheers for retrieving the photos dude. Consider yourself pated on you back! :D

Edited by Joe@Onza

The Ice looks awesome, but the Limey looks awesome too. The built in booster on the team frame(?) is cool though, but I don't like the weight cos I'm a skinny little girl of a man.

Oh, I like the dropouts with built in tensioners on the Limey and Team too, but the Ice doesnt have them :(

Edited by JonMack

Calm down Calm down, Mod 2 Is not being released as its Just Mod 3 but with a weighty CNC BB. The Team Replica is the Proto frame Joe Seddon is riding at the mo, But thats going to go through some changes. The Ice frame as well, will have some change too including adding the internal chain Tensioners. The Limey 20" is going to have some minor tyre clearance changes and also we would like to put it on a Diet before its release to the public.

haha kool he answered :) I'm liking what onza are doing with testing out different things, by the internal chain tensioners does that mean that you will have the bolts that push the wheel back in the dropout?

Edited by grantham

Those drop outs will be on all Mod frames from T-Mag up, and even lower down the range for 2008/2009 models

What dropouts?

I have used snail cams and they've been perfectly really. Can't see how there can be a better tugging system.

What dropouts?

I have used snail cams and they've been perfectly really. Can't see how there can be a better tugging system.

mod1-5.jpg

See the threaded hole in the back of the dropout? You screw the bolt into the dropout and it pushes the wheel back. Allows much better control than snail cams do, and means your tension is always set the same even when you take your wheel out, and doesnt wear down like the notches on snail cams do.

Much like this

large_t1000evo5.jpg

Edited by JonMack

there seems to be a bit too much tugging and pulling going on for my liking ;):lol:

Wayne.

they are an extremly useful design, pushing the wheel back is better than a tug, as you do seem to sometimes get problems with cams loosing a bit.

Hahah classic.

Yeah I definitely think it's a much better design than tugs or cams, they're a brilliant design.

Threads in the frame?

>_<

Haha yeah, I was thinking that, although there is a LOT of thread - over an inch by the looks of it, so perhaps unlikely to go? Still, even if the thread does go, it would be easy to fix with a nut on one side so I wouldn't worry too much.

• 2 weeks later...
Haha yeah, I was thinking that, although there is a LOT of thread - over an inch by the looks of it, so perhaps unlikely to go? Still, even if the thread does go, it would be easy to fix with a nut on one side so I wouldn't worry too much.

Might be ok. I can't see why onza don't use cams to be honest. Mine are excellent.

Brake mounts?

I always strip them.

It'll be fine, most chain tugs tend to use a bolt to adjust the tension an bolts are like 4mm long of thread?

The bolts on chain tuggs are much stonger than threds on frames.

Edited by JT!

Well that's a problem with you really isn't it, pretty much everyone else seems okay with setting up Maguras.

Yes, yes it is.

But, there's like 1 thread a week asking about helicoils, so it's not just me. :D