Renault Clio Cut Out?!

Caleb

Was with my mate before and apperently his renault clio mk2 1.4 w reg 16 valve just cut out, we pushed it into the supermarket car park and tried pusgh starting with no luck, in first the cra would moive but literally do 1 mph so we stopped in fear of damagiung something, tried jump lead agin with no luck, petrol is in fine, no blockages to air filter, no previous problems really.

any ideas?

My friends clio did a similair thing and it turned out that the wiring harness had been rubbing on a metal case and had shorted out. It was travelling fine then slowed to a halt with no mechanical "bad" noises or warning lights.

engine management light on? it'll probs be electrical if it's a clio if it was the clutch you'd be able to start it with the clutch dipped and you usually get a warning just before the cluch completly goes because you'll still get up to 30 or 40 but the car will be reving like it's doing 60

Best bet is a renault dealer really

Just something to be aware of, that a surprisingly large amount of people don't know about... Be careful bumping cars. You can flood the catalytic converotr if it has one, and the fuel rots the Catalysts in it, which can wreck it. You won't know until you take it for an MOT and it fails due to high emissions.

It's not all the time obviously lol, but it's happened and can happen, and not many people i talk to know about it...

I have no idea what's up with your car lol. From my own experience of cars not working and shite weather, i've given the inner of my HT leads a lick of WD and it never failed on my Seat Ibiza lol.

Hmmm, whthout looking at it i wouldn't have a clue ! Check it's got a spark. Take a plug and lead out, put in on the manifold and turn it over...You'll see a spark ! While it's out check the plug for Coking or general shit ! You want a nice strong Blue spark ! It SHOULDNT be black ! If it's got a spark check it's got fuel...Take ALL the plugs out and turn it over, you'll see the vapor coming out the plug holes, if it's got both of those it WILL run. If it dosen't run it's STUPIDLY out of time and will cough and stutter !

As for bumping cars and flooding the Cat......I kinda get what you mean, If you give them a quick red line once there started it'll burn any excess fuel and you'll never had a problem ! If you dont you'll coke the plugs up and it'll die !