Car Advice

Onza Kieron

Sorry, but that's either bullshit or completely dodgy.

Simon's bullshit filter in full effect :)

Direct Line wouldn't touch me on certain cars (including a Civic 1.6 VTEC and Accord Type-R) for the first year on my own policy at 26! They also don't allow mods, as it obviously makes you a higher insurance risk.

However, the service from them has been second to none. My one claim was handled perfectly. It's worth paying for proper cover IMHO.

As for having a parent insure your car, I know people at Uni who had their claims disallowed due to 'incorrect ownership details'. Can you afford to run that risk? Especially if you're away from home at Uni. Just isn't worth it...

think lukes said before it was 1239, so he may of just missed the 1 off, which still makes it a hell of a cheap deal, but with a bit of work, shoppin round, and living right out in the country, its not outside the realms of fantasy.

something i meant to ask this topic before, as the people in here/looking in here will probably know the answer, is there stipulations on new drivers insurance now that states no motorway driving??

seemed like crap too me, but one of the old blokes at work has just payed for his grandsons car+ insurance(which has cost him £1200 to insure a 1996 corsa sport)as his 17+18th b'day presents combined and he was saying it was £110 more for him to have motorway driving added to the policy. just wondered if that is the case now(although to me, the amount of crashes on the motorway are miniscule)

something i meant to ask this topic before, as the people in here/looking in here will probably know the answer, is there stipulations on new drivers insurance now that states no motorway driving??

Not heard of anything like that :S

I would have noticed when looking for insurance and learning to drive

Sorry, but that's either bullshit or completely dodgy.

Not a chance in hell you'd get that at my age and a lot older, let alone your age.

want me to proove it?

:P

i wish i could photo copy the cheque too but the old man has cashed it :(

p.s i'll scan my documents tomorrow :)

Edited by ilukeee

Luke, no offence, but are you seriously believing yourself right now?

Every single driver on the roads today knows how insurance works, they know that if they pay less then 1.5k on insurance for a first car, whether that be a 1.4 or a 1.1, then they are being thrown a massive life line.

I don't know how you believe you are insured, under your own name, on a 2.0 focus with all that audio, and all those 'chav alarm' modifications for 239 quid, but if you are, then it's either A, bullshit, or B, illegal.

Even if you lived on a f**king island, with only yourself as an occupant, you wouldn't get insured for that, at your age, with that car, end of story.

Maybe you did miss a 1 from the number, in which case, fair enough, 1239 is a much more believable amount, 239 however, is not.

Every single driver on the roads today knows how insurance works, they know that if they pay less then 1.5k on insurance for a first car, whether that be a 1.4 or a 1.1, then they are being thrown a massive life line.

/quote]

:S, I'd say under 1500 is totally reasonable :S Obviously not rediculously low, but I know a few lads who in there first year payed 900-1100. I payed 750, But I was a named driver. Im now on my own policy paying 800 for a modded Mini.

Edited by Fat Knacker Tom