Kobikes Rims...

Grant Hundley

drilled or cnc squares  

199 members have voted

1. 1. what would you have?

• drilled
    • cnc'd

The rims will indeed come with anodised/ powder coated side walls:) Eyelets will be part of the rims feature :) I will look into the 24" option ;)Maybe a few limited runs

Drilled side walls: I thought about this today, Possibilities on 2 models for the front rim, 1 disk only and the other front rim brake :)

1, Rim Brake Version: colour sidewall

2, Disk Version: Rounded/ colour sidewall/ Drilled sidewall (Not confirmed)

Tyres: I am looking into these and hopefully Kobikes will bring these out :) - More update on a later date for the tyres (20" only!)

Il be having me some of them :)

I think you should make the front rim double walled, that way if people do want a thinner rim they would have the option of running one on the rear as it would have the strength :)

If 24 are made and the fronts were double walled I would run 2 front rims. :)

I dunno if its just me that feels this way, and im sure there are weight weenies that will want a single walled front rim.

Just a suggestion :)

Im guessing when deng stopped making the rims the manufacture stuck them in the catalogue, you going to pick them out and add a few tweaks to them?

I’m afraid not, only if it was that easy :P

First you have to design the rim structure, thickness of material in different section, and the width, once you have designed the actual rim, you can now play around to shave of unneeded weight while making sure the strength is not affected by it.

Finish: Rims will be available in black and white only.

I’m afraid not, only if it was that easy :P

First you have to design the rim structure, thickness of material in different section, and the width, once you have designed the actual rim, you can now play around to shave of unneeded weight while making sure the strength is not affected by it.

Finish: Rims will be available in black and white only.

So are the going to be IDENTICAL looking to the old one's ?

If so. Your a star :D

Danny.

NO NO NO NO NO, STOP DAN!

Just had an idea, you want to make the largest profit right, well can you "knurl" the side walls of the rims, (are you familiar with the term knurl?) Ok think about it, think of all the people currently grind there rims, if you made a rim, or rims with the knurled effect on it, A people would not have to grind there rims again, ever, B possibly has increased friction properties ie better braking, C increases your target market "the grinders". ok can you tell me if you can do this, here me out here trials forum, do thing this is a good idea? Would you bye one? Do you grind rims, you may not need to any more. Could be revolutionary to trials. maby,

knurl, pick, to give idea,,

Knurl.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knurling

Sam "ive got smooth rims" :)

Tom "well i grind my rims", :D

Terry "oh my god pufft, ive got dans knurled rims" :P:D:giggle:

Sam and tom, "oh" :(:o

lol^

IDEAS AND OPIONS PLEASE? feedback..................

I believe if you "Knurl" the side walls, it will be more on the smooth side, from a grinder you can achieve a sharper surface for the brake pads to create friction - Meaning more power. The cost of knurling the brake surface will be a lot more, meaning the rim prices will go up. If the rims was knurled and they was used, say in a wet competition full of mud and grit the knurl will be ruined by this so the rider will end up grinding the rim again so its a good idea to a certain point, but long run I don’t think its a very good idea.

Smooth rims just provide the option for the riders to have either smooth or grind set up :) Everyone's a winner

Oh BTW, I like what you did with the smiles at the end of your post very amusing

Thanks

Dan

Oh yes, The side walls will be anodised:)

Edited by Dan@Trials-uk

• 1 month later...
Official Information:

The KO Rims will come CNC'd and front rims will be 38mm (Front) and 44mm (Rear)

Features:

Sizes: 26" (Front + Rear), 20", 19" (Front + Rear)

Drillings: Front 32H Only, Rear 32H and 36H

Finish: Anadised Black and powder coated white and (Possibly anodised orange aswell)

I hope this will answer everyones questions:)

Thanks

Dan

PS: If you have any questions about it, or any suggestions please post and I will make a note of it all:) (Always best to produce products from riders point of view, rather then producing for them:) )

make them in highly polished silver too,

like your ko,

I've got one and i think it will look mint with chrome/polished rims too.

and another suggestion for the rims is make the sidewalls SOLID and thicker than usual so they can hold more grinds but do that without making the sidewalls out of cheese so they would hold a grind like a beast!

do this and you've got one hell of a rim (Y)

..rob..

Edited by Rob Brodie

make them in highly polished silver too,

like your ko,

I've got one and i think it will look mint with chrome/polished rims too.

and another suggestion for the rims is make the sidewalls SOLID and thicker than usual so they can hold more grinds but do that without making the sidewalls out of cheese so they would hold a grind like a beast!

do this and you've got one hell of a rim (Y)

..rob..

+1

let us know dan,

could i put a pre-order in as i need a new rim.

id be more than happy to put a review up too, im not hell of a rider but i could tell you what its like :P

cheers

..rob..

You guys really don't understand how long you're going to be waiting. :giggle:

CNC'd be great

But please do this:

-anodized black sidewalls to go with, front and rear... (less effort than having to raw them later..?) and looks better.

-32 AND 36h!

-wide like try-all rims i.e. 48mm

^that'd be perfect :)

there'd be a huge market for it outside of biketrials too

agreed! 48mm is not to wide in my eyes! wider the better!

if they match the above id deffinately have a set!

I love how people are getting all happy about these when non have been made yet. You have to remember these wont be the same as the echos as dan explained it wasnt possible to just find the old echos in a catalogue and get them made. So they have had to be designed, people should just wait untill the first protos have been tested before saying theyll have a pair unless your buying them for looks. Not saying there not goin to be amazing rims though.